Chapter 17: Camp Pt 3

The Next Day

Evening

After a hard and grueling day of improving their quirks, not by fighting Luffy all day this time, classes 1-A and 1-B were ready for a game to test your courage. Everybody was exhausted, except Luffy and the teachers, from training but were still pretty pumped for a change of pace. The moonlight enveloped the forest. The only people who didn't participate were Ashido, Sero, and Kaminari, who did not take this news lightly.

After a quick explanation of the game rules, the teams were decided. Tokoyami and Shoji; Bakugou and Todoroki; Jirou and Hakagure; Momo and Aoyama; Uraraka and Asui; Ojiro and Mineta; Iida and Koda; Luffy and Kirishima; Izuku.

"Something must be wrong right?" Izuku said as he recounted the teams, only to come to a single conclusion. *I'm Alone!* Izuku thought as he went into full panic mode.

"We were randomly assigned." Ojiro said in an attempt to calm him down. "It's not that anybody didn't want to go with you."

"Listen up Rubberbrain!" Bakugou said menacingly as he put a hand on Luffy's shoulder. "Trade with me! There's no way I'm doing this shitty thing with that bastard!"

"Aoyama!" Mineta said in a very creepy/pervy way which made Momo back away. "Please switch partners with me. I'll do anything you want!" Aoyama was seen frantically shaking his head.

"Revelry in the dark." Tokoyami said out loud as he prepared to enter. All in all, the mood was pretty cheerful despite the hard day of work, too bad it didn't last long.

"Oi Momo!" Luffy called out to Momo after getting out of Bakugou's grip. "I gotta ask you something!"

"Hey! Where the hell do you think you're going?!" Bakugou yelled as he tried to run after Luffy, but was stopped by Kirishima.

"Let it go, man." He said as he put a hand on his shoulder. "Let it go."

"Sure. What's up?" Momo was prepared for any type of crazy question Luffy was about to throw at her.

"What's your dream?" Luffy said with an unusually serious face, something that Momo didn't get to see very often.

"Dream?" Now, this was a question that Momo didn't really expect. "As in, what I dreamt last night? Or?"

"What? No! I mean your dream!" Luffy said it again in hopes she understood. "What's your dream Momo?"

"Repeating the question isn't helping." Momo said with a confused look on her face.

"Ugh! Look, my dream is to become the King of the Pirates." Luffy said, after an over the top sigh. "You get it now?"

"Oh, you mean a goal. Why didn't you just say so?" Momo said which irritated Luffy, and she had to hide a small smirk on her face from messing with Luffy.

"I did!" Luffy replied angrily.

"Sure, sure. I believe you." Momo said after stifling a laugh before adopting a serious expression. "My dream? Rather philosophical coming from you, Lu."

Luffy's face did not change from the serious one he bore. Because he didn't understand what she said or because he was waiting for an answer, I couldn't tell you. Probably the first one.

"I guess, becoming a hero." Momo said with a hand on her chin as she waited for Luffy's response.

"...That's it?" Luffy said with a tilt of his head. Until now, every dream he heard was much bigger than simply wanting to become something. And 'hero' was a pretty common job here, from what he understood.

"W-What do you mean 'that's it'?!" Momo was surprised at the lackluster response. What she was even more surprised about is the fact that it hurt her when Luffy said that. More than she cared to admit. Like an older sibling disappointing his younger one. "That's a perfectly good and reasonable dream to have!"