Chapter 20: Empty!

U.A Dorms.

7:20 AM

Momo woke up as a ray of sunlight hit her eyes. Shielding them with one hand, she wondered, 'Is it morning already?' She almost dropped Luffy from her embrace but managed to catch him without waking him up. 'Oh, Lu... What am I going to do with you?' she asked herself. They had stayed on the couch all night; Luffy had fallen asleep crying, and Momo didn't have the heart to wake him up or put him back in his room.

She looked at his cheeks, which were still red from crying. Then, she glanced at the straw hat on the table and sighed. She knew that whatever was happening with Luffy right now would be a major change in his personality. Whether the change would be good or bad, she couldn't say. Finally, she noticed her phone and grabbed it.

"7?! Already?!" She exclaimed out loud, she quickly put a hand over her mouth when she realized she basically yelled. Thankfully, Luffy didn't even stir in his sleep. *He's still exhausted from all that... crying.* Now Momo was sad.

But now was not the time for her to be sad, now was the time for her to take her ass out of there. At any minute, any of her fellow classmates could barge into the common area, and she didn't want them to see Luffy in such a vulnerable state, so she'll have to take Luffy back to her room, she couldn't take him back to his room for obvious reasons.

She quickly got her phone and placed it in her back pocket, she grabbed the straw hat and placed it back on Luffy's head and she gently grabbed him, and ran to the stairway on the right side. That one was closer to her room and with fewer chances of bumping into her classmates. As she set foot on the stairway she heard the elevator doors opening. *Damn! Here? Already?* She tried to send a wave of observation haki but her drowsiness, plus her lack of energy, from sleeping in such an uncomfortable position, made it difficult for her to use the little that she knew. *You just have to go up 5 stories. No big deal.* She encouraged herself, but as they say, easier said than done, or thought than done in this case.

A few close calls later, and one where she smacked Luffy's head on a wall, she found herself in her room. Panting, she slowly closed the door behind her, and with a deep breath, she finally relaxed. She considered herself lucky that she's got a suspension now. Now she can just go back to sleep instead of worrying about lessons. *I just need to figure out where I put Lu-*

*Knock! Knock! Knock!* Her train of thought was interrupted when she heard knocks on her door. Feeling dread creep into her mind, she quickly tossed Luffy into a nearby closet *Sorry Lu!* and threw herself in bed.

"Maybe she's still asleep?" Momo heard a female voice from the other side of the door.

"At this hour? On a school day? Be serious." Momo heard another female voice.

"We already tried knocking once a while ago, but we thought that she was asleep so we let her be. Maybe we should just leave."

"But what if she's missing? What if she's somewhere with the rep? The boys said he also wasn't responding."

"I'm not surprised he wasn't responding. I'm pretty sure the rep could sleep through a tornado."

*Knock! Knock! Knock!* Momo heard another pair of knocks. Deciding that they probably wouldn't leave until they made sure she was here, she responded in her best 'I was just asleep voice'.

"Yeah?" She said weakly while not getting up from her bed.

"Momo! It's me, Uraraka! Are you awake?" Apparently, Uraraka was one of the voices.

"I am now." Momo responded.

"Oh, sorry about that." Uraraka said with an apologetic tone in her voice. "Can we come in?"