Chapter 15: Camp Pt 1

The Camp Site

"Woah! This place is awesome!" Luffy said as he looked at the wooden cabin with several concrete rooms attached to it. It was about 9:30 when Luffy and the other teachers started driving, and now it was 11:00.

"Not too shabby, eh?" Mandalay said as she and the other teachers exited the car. "This is a plot of land we own, and we'll be free to use our quirks indefinitely. Oh, come to say hi Kota."

The child wearing a red cap with two golden horns protruding out the front was unfriendly to say the least, especially when he landed eyes on Luffy. The kid decided to do nothing but glare at the Straw hat.

"Don't worry about him, he's shy." Mandalay said with a bit of a worried expression, she really hoped Kota would grow out of his hatred. *This camp could give Kota the new look on heroes he needs.* She noticed Luffy approaching the child.

"What's up? I'm Monkey D. Luffy and I'm gonna become the King of the Pirates!" Luffy said with a giant smile on his face as he extended his arm toward Kota. "Nice to meet ya!"

"?" Mandalay and Pixie-Bob gave a very confused look towards Aizawa, who in turn just shook his head in a way that said either 'He's crazy.' or 'Just don't worry about it.' The Heroines decided to go with the latter but didn't know that Aizawa actually meant both.

Kota, instead of accepting Luffy's hand, decided to cock his arm backward and give a mean sucker punch straight to Luffy's family jewels. Thankfully, Luffy managed to catch his fist before making any contact.

"K-Kota! That's not nice!" Mandalay scolded Kota from afar, but the kid just ripped his arm out of Luffy's grip and took the walk of shame back to his room, not making any eye contact.

"What a weird kid." Luffy said as Kota entered the cabin.

"I'm sorry about him, he's been having a hard time since his parents died, please don't pay it too much attention." Mandalay said as she did a slight bow to apologize on his behalf.

"It's fine, I don't really care." Luffy said with a finger up his nose, digging for treasure.

"I have to say, sweet reflexes." Pixie-Bob said with a grin. "Not just anybody could have caught that kind of surprise attack. I guess it's to be expected from someone who beat All-Might."

"Who?" Luffy asked with a tilt of his head.

"Enough chit-chat. They could arrive any minute now, we should prepare for them." Aizawa intervened. "I'll go and settle in my room."

"Okay, then I guess I'll go and make some food for the litter." Pixie-Bob said, not wasting a second to go and prepare some meals.

"Woo! Can I get some? Please? I'm starving!" Luffy said, very excited at the thought of food.

"Su-"

"Noo!" Aizawa quickly intervened. "If we let Luffy come with you then we won't have any food for the rest of the class."

"Ehhh?! C'mon, I promise I won't eat that much." Luffy said, but Aizawa knew what Luffy meant by 'that much.'

"No way, you'll eat with the rest of the class and that's final." Aizawa said with a tone of finality. Luffy quickly deflated and melted on the ground from pure sadness upon hearing this. "Mandalay, why don't you go and show him around? At least this way, we'll be able to get his mind off of food."

"Sure, he should at least know where everything is." Mandalay agreed. "C'mon Straw hat, let's go, I'll give you a tour of the place."

"Really?! Okay!" Luffy quickly agreed, already forgetting about his past depression.