iv

what happened to us?

~*~

the triplets had arrived at the Davidson residence, while emma and aj were finishing, figuring out how to surprise them with cameron and kie.

"hide behind the table,"

"no Emma they can see them, hide in the kitchen."aj rolled his eyes at his sister.

"how about we just hide behind the door?" kiera suggests.

the couple hid behind the door as emma went to open the door.

"heyyyyy" she facepalmed herself.

'why are you acting so weird emma, your gonna give it away!' she asked herself.

"why are you being so weird?" nicolas asked the girl. "you never come and open the door, it usually takes about 15 messages and 20 calls to get you to unlock the door." he finished with a light chuckle.

"I know," she said with a shrug. "I was being nice I guess"

chris and matt glanced at each other before the three walked into the house.

nick and chris sat down and matt looked at emma and smiled, "so, em, why did you call us over?"

"oh, um," she said looking over at her younger brother.

cameron and kiera walked out from behind the door.

"SURPRISE!" the couple said in unison.

"CAM" matt and chris yelled.

"KIE" kick yelled, then looking at his brothers.

"i guess i'm the only one excited to see her," nick said causing the group to erupt into laughter.

~*~

after a while of the group hanging out, emma got up and went to the kitchen to grab a soda.

"hey," a voice said. emma walked over to the fridge to grab a dr. pepper for herself.

"hey. do you want a drink?" she asked him. he nodded, and she tossed him a pepsi.

"chris, can I ask you a question?" emma said turning to him.

"sure, what's up?" he answered opening his drink and taking a sip of it.

"do you remember how you, matt, nick, and I always hung out when we were younger?"

"yeah, I do." He replied.

"what happened to us? I mean I know I was always closer to nick but you guys were my best friends too." emma said to chris, still looking down at the floor.

she couldn't look at chris, because if she did she would break.

in her life time she has lost so many people. her mother, friends from nashville, her grandparents, but when chris and matt decided to distance themselves from her, that loss hurt her the most. they were her best friends. she told them things she thought she had to keep to herself. chris was always super protective over emma, kind of like and older brother. and matt was always a good listener for the girl. on nights where emma would simply just miss her mother, matt was there to just listen. he knew all the right things to say and do to help the girl.

"I honestly don't know em," chris said, putting his drink down, and walking towards her.

chhris felt bad about lying to the girl. when matt started distancing himself from her, chris followed, and now looking back he was starting to regret it.