vii

fan interaction...

~*~

the next morning emma woke up to a bunch of commotion in the other room,

"FUCK YEAH!"

"what the hell?!?"

"how did you win again?!?"

she got up and walked to her brother's room when she opened the door she saw chris, nick, and aj playing Mario Kart...again.

"good morning cupcake," nick said when he heard the door open and turned around to see a sleepy emma in the doorway.

"dude you can't say 'good morning' at one in the afternoon" chis jumped in while he was still so focused on the game that he was playing against austin.

nick rolled his eyes at his youngest brother.

"It's not like you to sleep in this late em, are you okay?" nick asked his best friend.

"oh umm yeah, I just couldn't sleep last night," emma replied to nick.

emma felt her anxiety building up. she knew she wasn't really lying to nick, but she wasn't telling him the full truth.

"I heard emory come in the door at like four something this morning," austin says.

emma mentally facepalms herself. she forgot that austin was a light sleeper and that the slightest noise will wake him.

"what the hell were you doing out at four in the morning?" chris asked, pausing the game to look at emma.

"yeah, I was wondering the same thing." nick sat up on the bed and patted it, signaling for emma to come sit down.

"um okay," emma said sitting down on aj's bed next to nick. "I went to Mcdonald's with matt."

all eyes were on her. everyone stayed silent and looked at her, so she began to explain further.

"matt texted me at like two thirty and asked if I wanted to go to McDonald's and I said yeah." She explained.

"what did yall do at Mcdonald's?" chris askes.

nick throws a pillow at him. "they ate probably dumbass, use your brain."

"we also... talked," emma hesitated to tell them what it was the two talked about. "we talked about what had happened between the four of us, but we're all good now."

chris got up and hugged her. "I'm so sorry em."

they both let go. "don't apologize, chris, I understand, he's family." she said with a sad smile on her face.

aj looked at his phone "oh shit, emma."

Emma turned and gave her brother a look because he knows how she feels about him cussing.

"Yeah?"she replied.

"today's dads birthday..." the boy replied.

emma's face goes to a surprised look. " i already have one present for him but i guess i can go to the mall to pick something out to say it's from both of us." she told her brother. aj nodded then went back to his and chris's game.

emma went back to her room to get dressed, put her shoes on, and whatnot. when she was done, she headed to the living room and grabbed her keys. when she was about to reach the door, something caught her eye...more like someone.