xii

...

~*~

cameron and kie knocked on emma's bedroom door. no response. cameron opened the girl's door and saw her lying on her bed with the cover over her head.

"go away" she responded to hearing her door open.

"we brought cookies," kie said and emma came out from under her cover.

"gimme"

cameron and kie sat on each side of emma. "wanna talk about it, em?" cameron asked her.

" i just wished he gave aj and i a heads up you know? in a way, it seems like he's replacing my mom." emma started to tear up at the thought of her mom.

cameron pulled her in a hug then kie joined.

"hey, look at me em," kie told the girl and she did as she was told.

"he's not trying to replace her love, shawn wouldn't do that. I think you just need to talk to him, emma."

emma sat there, not being able to look at either of her best friends and nodded while looking at the ground. "I will talk to him later"

the girl gave her two friends a hug.

"well, we need to start heading home emmy." cameron gave her a warm smile as he got up from the bed and walked toward emma's bedroom door. "kie, you coming?" He asked.
"Dude let us have some girl time," Kie responded, throwing one of Emma's pillows at her boyfriend. "okay, okay I get it." He said putting his hands up in surrender then leaving the two girls to finish talking.

~*~

later that night, after Cam, Kie, and the triplets had left and the family had eaten dinner, Emma went to talk to her dad.

Emma knocked on her dad's bedroom door, and when there was no answer, she slowly opened the door, not knowing what she might walk into.

When she opened the bedroom door she looked around her dad's room and when she didn't see him anywhere, she called out for him. "Dad?"

"Oh hey Emma," Clara said as she walked out of the master bathroom. Emma looked at her, then back at the ground. "Umm, your dad's on the front porch honey." Clara walked over to the bedside table and grabbed her phone. "thanks, Clara." Emma said before turning around to go talk to her dad.

Emma walked past Aj, who was in the living room watching sam and colby on youtube.

when emma made it to the front door she stood there for a moment.

emma really did feel bad for blowing up at her father but she just wanted him to know that she was upset.

emma went outside and found her dad on the front porch,on the porch swing.

"hey dad" emma said softly. shawn looked up at his daughter. "hi honey" he said scooting over to make room for emma.

emma sat down beside her father. "look dad i'm sorry for earlier." shawn looked up at his daughter"no emmy you had every right to be upset. i'm sorry for not giving you a heads up." he said.

emma got teary eyed and looked down. "honey what's wrong" shawn asked her, as he put his hand on her back to comfort her. 

emma looked back at her father,then shawn relized.  she was upset about her mother.

when emma was in 6th grade her mother had gotten into a bad car accident that ended up killing her. emma was devastated when her father came and picked her up from school and told her the news. emma never imagined life without her mother. she and her mother were like rory and lorelei gilmore. they did everything together. yeah they fought at times but they loved each other so much and never wanted to lose each other.

shawn wrapped his armed around emma and kissed the top of her head. "i miss her too em" shawn told his daughter. " wait here love" he said as he got off the porch swing and went inside. moments later he came back out with a box. on the box it had her mothers name "isla davidson".

shawn handed the box to emma. your mom loved to write letters to you and your brother when y'all were babies and kids."

emma took out the letter that was laying on top.
"dear my sweet girl" emma read aloud. "today you took your first steps! as soon as you saw that pink teddy bear you knew what you wanted." emma laughed. " what can i say, i know what i want"

emma and her dad read all the letters in the box and reminisced on all the memories of isla.

after about 4 hours emma finally decided to go lay down. "goodnight love you dad." emma said as she was about to open the door.

shawn got up from the swing and wrapped his arms around emma again. "i love you so much em, and you know no one could ever replace your mom right. you know that's not what i'm trying to do with clara."

emma looked up at shawn. "dad," she paused. "i know that i was acting like a brat earlier. i love clara and i'm glad that your finally happy again."

shawn smiled down at his daughter and gave her another kiss on top of her head. "alright get to bed before you sleep all day tomorrow."

emma went inside and to her room. she got ready for bed and decided to text nick to see if he wanted to hang out tomorrow.

msg

emmy🦋
heyyyy nick wanna hang tmr???

nickkk💅
sure! whatcha thinking abt doing?

emmy🦋
🤷🏼‍♀️
it's a surprise

nickkk💅
...
okay...

emmy🦋
pick you up at 1??

nickkk💅
yepp
goodnight em❤️

emmy🦋
goodnight antonio❤️
read at 1:28am

katie
hey guys so i'm back to writing this storyyyyyy