ix

should we?

~*~

since emma couldn't sleep, she decided to text matt about the situation at hand.

~*~

Emmy👑

should we do it?

Bernard🤠

do what?

Emmy👑
matt...

Bernard🤠
emma...

Emmy👑
🙄 a fake relationship.

Bernard🤠
oh...
that.
i honestly dont know em

Emmy👑
yeah me neither...
but aj was right.
it would help us
i js dont want nick and chris to be mad at us yk?

Bernard🤠
yeah
can we talk more about this tmr?

Emmy👑
fs

Bernard🤠
night em

Emmy👑
goodnight bernard
read

~*~

it was safe to say that even though matt and emma told each other good night, neither of them would end up going to sleep right away. both stayed up thinking about what could possibly happen if they decided to do this "relationship".

the good, the bad, the hate, the love, etc.

emma was worried most about how it might affect her friendships with matt, chris, and nick. things just got back to how they were with chris and matt, and she didn't want to ruin it. but maybe aj was right.

~*~

when emma woke up she looked at the time. 9:37 am, it read.

she got out of bed and headed to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle, then walked to the living room and sat on the couch.

while she sat there she decided to open TikTok.

her whole fyp was about her and Matt. it was flooded with ship edits and people reacting to the audio of matthew saying that the two were together.

"i mean everyone already thinks it so why not do it," she thought.

just then matt, nick, and chris walked through the door of her home.

"hey guys, what's up?" the blonde asked the three boys as they walked in.

matt and nick both walked past the couch and into the next room very quickly, without acknowledging emma. chris tried to follow but emma didn't let that happen.

she grabbed chris's arm as he walked by, which made him stop and look at the girl.

"what's going on?" emma asked him, looking him in the eyes.

chris looked right back at her and paused for a moment.

should he tell her?

"i don't know em, I was trying to find out before you know you grabbed my arm." he said.

"oh, sorry" emma let go of chris's arm and he went to join his brothers.

~*~

nick dragged matt into the kitchen, and a couple seconds later chris joined them.

"what do you mean by 'if we do this then its not only for the fans ?" nick questioned his younger brother, who just sat there looking at him.

"wait what happened?" chris askes, clearly confused.

"matt and I were talking about the whole 'fake relationship' thing before we came in here and matt said, 'if i do this then its not only for the fans.' and now i wanna know what in the hell he ment by that." nick explains.

both of matt's brothers look at him, waiting for an answer.

"I-um." matt started to fidget around with his hoodie strings.

"come on matt," chris put his hand on matt's shoulder. "tell us."

"If emma and I do this, it wont just be for the fans. I think i still like her." matt confessed.

"oh" chris says, stepping back slightly from his older brother.

"but also the thought of us having a fake relationship scares the shit out of me because..." matt trailed off.

"because what?" the eldest triplet askes. "Im scared im going to fall in love with her." matt says.

"Is that such a bad thing?" chris askes.

"It is if she doesnt love me back." Matt drops his head rethinking everything.

little did matt know emma was having the same thought in the other room.

then there was a noise in the hall way, then footsteps.

"uh, hey guys," aj said coming into the kitchen.

matt looked up and his face imediatly changed, and aj saw it.

"hey man dont worry im not going to say anything to mm." he said walking past the triplets, to the fridge and he grabbed a sprite.

"thanks aj" matt said, holding his hands up motioning to aj that he throw him a sprite too.

"wanna go play some video games?" chris sugested.

"Im down"

"me too"

the two other boys answered.

"nah, i think im gonna chill out here." matt headed into the living room, where emma still was, while the three others went to aj's room.

~*~