v

midnight snack

~*~

everyone was gathered in the living room, just chilling on the couch, except for aj, chris, and nick, who were in aj's room playing Mario Kart.

"dude, why does everyone think that we're dating? kie asks matt while she was looking back at her Instagram comments on her newest post.

the boy shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to look back down at his phone, but as he reached for it he accidentally dropped it.

emma noticed so as she went to reach down to grab it, so did matt.

the two teens hands touched for a second, but they both pulled away before anyone could notice.

this small interaction put a smile on matt's face, but left emma shocked.

shocked because she liked what she felt?

emma decided to get her mind off of the interaction, so she continued the conversation.

"don't worry kie, people still think that cameron and I are either dating or siblings" emma spoke up.

when the girl said this, the slight grin that was on matt's face quickly disappeared.

matthew had always hated thinking about emma with another human, that wasn't him.

everyone wondered why he had become so distant from the girl he once told every little thing to, it was because he didn't want to get hurt, and now hearing that some people thought that she and one of his closest friends were dating, hurt matt.

"yeah, it's kinda weird, even though kie and I haven't officially announced that we were together, it's pretty obvious," cameron said, joining the group's conversation.

a couple of minutes passed by when nick, chris, and aj walked into the room.

"aj, nick are yall good?" kie asked, looking at the two boys who showed a mix of annoyance and anger.

"no" nick gave a stern look at the group on the couch. "were not, christopher kept beating us in Mario Kart, and now I'm mad"

"aw poor baby," chris said whilst making a crying gesture.

nick death stared at his brother for a good 5 seconds. "talk to me when you aren't scared of having a girlfriend"

chris grasped his chest and gasped, sarcastically.

"god, can you two ever shut the actual fuck up?" matt said, finally looking up from his phone and rolling his eyes.

both of his brothers look at him surprised.

"someone has a mattatude," chris whispered to nick, but not good enough seeing as though the whole group heard it.

matt looked up and rolled his eyes again.

"alrighty matt, come on," nick said pulling his brother up from the couch that his ass had been glued to for the past 2 hours. "we're going home."

"buy guys," emma said with a little wave.

~*~

chris knocked on matt's bedroom door.

"what" he heard faintly.

he walked into the room and lay down on matthew's bed.

"dude you gotta say something to her." chris blurted out as if he had been needing to get that off his chest for some time.

"okay, wait what? who?" matt was very confused.

"emma, she asked me earlier about what happened to the 4 of us and I lied to her. I lied to her, matt." chris explained clearly getting upset.

"what did you say to her man?" matt asked.

chris lay there for a moment, playing with his strings on his fresh love hoodie. "all I said was that I didn't know what happened. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm tired of your feeling getting in the way of my friendship with em."

matt looked at his brother. he felt bad for dragging chris through this. chis and emma had a special friendship. Some might have called them overprotective brothers and sweet little sister, and others called them platonic soulmates.

"chris," matt said, which caused him to look at matt. "I'm sorry."

"look man I get it, but you need to fix it," chris responded, getting off matt's bed and walking toward his room.

matt stated on his bed thinking about how he could "fix" what he "broke".

after about 30 minutes matt decided that he was going to text emma.

he picked up his phone and looked at the time. it read 3:27 a.m.

~*~

Bernard🤠

hey, you up?

Emmy👑

yep

Bernard🤠

I didn't expect you to answer

can't sleep?

Emmy👑

yeah

just a lot on my mind

Bernard🤠

wanna go get Mcdonald's?

Emmy👑

its literally 3:29 am...

sure why not

Bernard🤠

ill pick you up in 15

read at 3:31 am

~*~

emma didn't even notice she was smiling as she was texting the sturniolo boy, and when she realized she was, she defiantly didn't stop.

~*~

lowkey love this chapter