x

TW: panic attack

give it a try

~*~

emma was still sitting on the couch when matt sat down beside her.

"hey, are you okay?" emma looks at matt as she wipes a tear away from her face. "yeah" she responded.

"no your, not emma," matt looks at her with a concerned look." talk to me."

"I'm fine, really" she gave matt a warm smile, which he returned.

"okay," matt replied, pulling emma into a hug. "I'm always here you know wm."

emma smiled to herself. for her, it felt good to know that matt cared and was there for her.

the two let go of each other and went back to their places on the couch.

"have you been on social media lately?" emma turned toward matt.

he shook his head no. "I've been trying to avoid it honestly." he laughs lightly, which causes emma to smile.

"yeah I get it," she told him.

the two sat in silence for a minute. "let's do it." matt blurted out.

emma looked at him confused. he could feel her looking so he looked up and over at her. "do you really want to matt?" emma asked.

matt stayed silent for a moment. "only if you want to em."

"let's do it"

~*~

"hey guys, can you come here for a second," emma yelled out to the boys. "you ready?" she aked matthew.

he nods. "you ready?" he repeats. she looks at him and gives him a nervose smile "yep"

chris came into the room, opening a pepsi. "what's up?"

"where are nick and aj?" matt asks chris, who just shrugs his shoulders.

seconds later the three hear yelling.

"you may be sixteen but I will still beat your ass," nick yelled.

"I'm still not gonna tell you where they are?" aj responded.

"hey, hey, what's going on?" emma asked the boys.

"aj won't tell me where the cookies are," nick explained.

"yeah well, you threatened to beat my ass." aj stood there pointing at nick.

the whole room was silent for what seemed like forever. emma looked over at chris and began to burst into laughter, and so did everyone else.

when everyone had finally stopped laughing, matt asked everyone to sit on the couch.

"what's going on guys?" chris asked. nick put his hands up in surrender, " I didn't do it...aj did."