─ 𝐢𝐢. 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

(ii. MISSION )

Three days had passed since I had run into Jungkook outside of his house and I told him I pitied him. Since then, I had avoided the Jeon house. Because I knew, If I had stepped a foot inside that house, there would be a chance of seeing Eleanor (It took restraint not to call her Elea-whore like Soo-Min did).

Lily Anderson had been talking to my mom about how Eleanor is barely home these days, even though the girl was twenty years old now, Lily still worried about her. This more than likely meant she was spending all of her time either with Jungkook or at his house.

"What's on your mind, peach?" Dad asked, his eyes looking down at me while the first hobbit movie played in the background. He looked over my face carefully, "Jungkook, again?" He guessed; eyebrows raised.

I slumped my shoulders. Dad always knew what was on my mind, and no matter how hard I tried...I just couldn't seem to play it off in front of him. My entire life, I had always been closer to my dad more than anyone in this world. He was the only person who I could tell everything to. Including academy business that I couldn't tell Soo-Min. I had been keeping this huge secret from her since I had first met her.

I shuttered to think of her finding out I had been keeping this from her, but at least she wouldn't be involved in dangerous situations. "Yeah," I mumbled, bringing my legs to my chest to have something to hold onto. "How'd you guess?" I finally asked after a moment of silence. Dad chuckled deeply, taking the chance to pause the movie we were formerly watching.

Seeing him run his fingers through his hair, I continued to wait as he gathered his thoughts. Dad and I were more alike than most would think. I definitely took more after him than my Mom, Kayli. In more than just looks and computer smarts.

"You always have this sad, stupidly in love look in your eyes." He said simply, raising a brow, "Things haven't gotten better?" He asked. The day Jungkook and I got into our 'argument', I ran home crying. Dad had found me when I was desperately trying to hide in my room. Eventually, after I had calmed down, I told him everything.