─ 𝐢𝐱. 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒

( ix

( ix. GOODBYES AND TOURS )

My worst nightmare had come true.

My face paled as Jungkook crossed his arms over his massive, chiseled chest and waited for my explanation.

"So?" He grumped, dark brows rising. "What's this 'academy'?"

I looked around my room frantically and tried to dial down my inner panic.

Fuck.

Shit.

Fucking Shit.

I am so motherfucking dead.

"...uh, it's nothing." I lied, "Haven't you ever heard of fake documents before?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes and raked his tattooed hand across his face, "You always twiddle your thumbs when you lie, Little one." He stood up from the gaming chair and grabbed hold of my arms with gentleness.

"Are you in some kind of trouble, Little One?" he murmured, I melted against him as he brought me to his chest and cradled the back of my head with his hands. Fire licked down my neck as his fingers began stroking my scalp.

Memories of him, Eleanor, and the fight four months ago rang in my mind, sending a pang of hurt through my chest. I braced my tiny hands on his chest and pushed against him, pulling my body away from him.

I looked away to forget the look of devastation, and hurt on his face when I did that.

"I'm not in any kind of trouble, Jungkook." I spat back, channeling my anger. Just because I told him I forgave him for everything, didn't mean I actually ready to hug and be around him. I needed time, and I needed to turn this conversation away from anything Academy related.

Jungkook winced at the use of his name and backed away.

"I thought we were over this," He muttered, tangling his fingers through his hair and tugging it. I rolled my eyes, and that action seemed to make him annoyed.