─ 𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐌𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

***

Sending a final wave to my family, I watched them as they packed their suitcases in the back of the SUV. 

Mom started towards the car but stopped suddenly to pull me into her arms one last time.

"We're only a call away, okay? If you need anything, call us." She said, hugging me tightly.

I shook my head with a grin, "Mom." I laughed, placing my hands on her shoulders, "I'm nineteen – I'll be okay. Promise."

Mom sighed heavily, "I know, darling. I just worry." She gave me a wavering smile as Dad called her over to the SUV.

"Go on, I'll be fine." I hugged her once more as she walked to the car.

"Oh! And before I forget," Mom sighed, hiding a smirk. My brows furrowed as I peered at her through narrowed eyes.

What is she up to?

"I called Jungkook last night to ask him if he could check in on you ever so often while we're gone."

What?

Did I hear her correctly?

"Mom!" I groaned loudly, crossing my arms across my chest with a pout. "I don't need Jungkook to check in on me."

Why in the world did she have him call him?

Mom snickered, thoroughly enjoying my despair as she hopped into the SUV and stuck her head out the window.

"Soo-Min and Jungkook live close by, Charli. I just wanted to make sure you'll have someone looking after you." Her voice softened and I found it hard to be upset with her.

This women.

I sighed and slumped my shoulders.

"Alright." I mumbled, looking at my family as they smiled at me.

Mom grinned suddenly and wiggled her brows, "He seemed upset that you or Soo-Min didn't tell him you were staying alone."

Upset?