─ 𝐱𝐢. 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄

***

Tears dripped off my cheeks as I fought to contain my panic.

It was four in the morning, and I'd been woken up from my second nightmare of the night. I had been overcome with guilt of what I said to Jungkook. I felt so damn guilty that I basically told him my drunken night with him meant nothing to me.

I could see that I had hurt his feelings, deeply, but in that moment, my only thought was to protect myself. I didn't want to get hurt by him again.

I knew that I wouldn't survive it a second time.

I barely made it through last time.

And I wasn't going to put myself up to get hurt again.

My cell phone rang constantly beside me.

It was Jungkook.

Again.

He had been calling over and over after I had left the Jeon household – and I also knew he was drunk off his ass. Otherwise, why would he be calling me at four am in the morning?

I dried the tears off my cheeks and groaned softly...trying to get the bloody images out of mind.

As I continued to hold myself, I desperately searched for a memory that would take my mind off the dream.

CHARLI
AGE SIXTEEN

"Go on," the young women wearing Koo's shirt mocked with a flick of her red manicured talons before she flung back her blond hair, a shade nearly a replica of mine, to showcase the dark red and purple hickeys marking her neck.

It was no secret what happened within the last hour.

"Don't come back, sweetie." She sent me a sickly-sweet smile, enjoying the way my eyes teared up before slamming the door in my face.

Where was Koo?

Tears continued to fall down my face as I turned and fled back down the street.