─ 𝐢𝐯. 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍

  (iv

  (iv. NEVER HAPPEN)

JUNE 29TH 2017

Turning thirteen years old was an important day.

At least that was what Dad told me. Today, my friend Eleanor and I would prove our worth to the Academy. With our tests, and and talents already tested, we were waiting on Dr. Roberts and the rest of the board to tell us if we got in.

If I did qualify, I would finally be part of the Toma Team.

To celebrate, Eleanor dragged me to a frat party. I was out of my element here, smelling the strong stench of alcohol, sweaty swaying, grinding bodies bumping into me as they drunkenly laughed and continued to make out with the people by their sides.

Heck, I was only thirteen. Eleanor was fifteen, and I knew if our parents caught us here, we would never see the light of day again.

I didn't belong here. Not at all.

But I would suck it up and paste on a fake smile. Because Eleanor had been talking about this party for weeks, and trying to be a good friend, I followed her. I didn't want anyone to try to take advantage of her.

She couldn't protect herself the way I could.

Seeing her tall, slim body sway in sync with the tall, dark haired man in front of her, I sighed. I wished I was back at home or with Soo-Min and her older brother, Koo.

"Hey," a deep voice purred, pulling me from my thoughts. I flinched back into the wall and looked over. Recoiling, I backed away from the sweaty man leering at me. Crossing my arms self-consciously around my body, I curled into myself.

"Sorry." I mumbled, searching for Eleanor. Seeing her wrapped up in whoever-his-name-was' arms, I rolled my eyes tiredly. I didn't know what she seen in Ray. But according to Soo-Min, I didn't find any boy handsome except for her older brother. Knowing it was true, I blushed and changed the subject.

Koo was handsome...very, very, very, very handsome. And smart. And perfect. And muscular. And...just absolutely divine. Uh...you get the point.