─ 𝐱𝐢𝐢. 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

***

***

It was a week after my breakdown, I was able to gain the courage to step inside the Jeon Household.

And even then, I was forced by Soo-Min.

Soo-Min was currently painting her toenails a bright cherry red as she went on and on about her current date with Taehyung.

"...I mean, Charli...it was amazing." She sighed; eyes upturned to the ceiling in adoration of her boyfriend. "I'm really amazed at how well Jungkook is taking me dating his best friend. Did you expect that?" she asked, taking a moment to throw her silky dark hair over her shoulders. She caught her plump bottom lip between her teeth as she concentrated on making sure the red polishing went on evenly.

I grinned slightly and lifted a single shoulder in a shrug, "I thought he'd make a bigger deal out of it, to be honest." I giggled slightly, wiggling my lavender painted toes, "but I'm really happy you're happy, Soo." I replied sincerely, pressing my cheeks to hers as she grinned brightly.

"Thanks, C." She smiled, "I want you to be happy too."

The smile on my lips slightly wavered, "I'm happy when you're happy, Soo."

It was true, I was always happy when Soo-Min was happy – but recent events made it harder to be happy at times.

By the time Soo-Min ushered me into her house, Jungkook and Taehyung were out – getting God knows what at the mall today. Soo-Min and Jungkook's parents went on another trip to Korea to stay with their parents. They were getting on in age, and they needed to be cared for.

I had no idea how long they would be gone, but Jungkook would stay here to watch over Soo-Min.

Soo-min sighed slightly and gave me another smile.

"I know that's not completely true." She scolded, hopping up from her bed and waltzing to her closet. "C'mere, help me pick out an outfit."

Thirty minutes later, I was able convince her that she looked perfect in the red mini dress she had picked for her date with Taehyung tonight.