─ 𝐯. 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

( v

( v. TRUTH )

CHARLI'S POV

Reliving those memories never failed to get me into a bad mood. Being woken up at five thirty am made it even worse. Grumbling quietly to myself, I looked out the window after shutting off my phone, per Dad's request. "When do we collect enough intel?" I couldn't help but ask. Dad looked back at me from his spot in the driver's seat. "Soon, Charli." He chuckled, seeing my face fall. I'd rather be out, instead of being cooped up in this SUV for yet another day.

"Let's just order Chinese, tonight. We deserve that." Roman grumbled, leaning back in his seat. Resting my legs on the seat, I propped my back against the door and blew out an annoyed breath.

I'd rather find a needle in a haystack than do this – at least I'd be actively searching for the needle. I couldn't even text Soo-min, but I knew I could speak to her until later. Apparently, things were more complicated than I had originally thought.

Soo-Min thinks we went out of town on a family trip. Instead Mom, and my other Dad's, and even Karson were held up at headquarters, with the board. We were supposed to join them soon. "This is worse than yesterday," mumbled Roman, acting like he was fifteen instead of twenty-two. A tiny noise of agreement escaped me. We didn't even have a deck of cards with us, or my damn laptop.

Twiddling with the ends of my hair, I groaned softly underneath my breath.

Maybe a nap would help pass the time.

THRID POV

Throughout the Jeon house, you could hear the loud argument happening in Jungkook's bedroom. Wincing inside her bedroom, Soo-Min pressed her ear against her bedroom wall to see if she could eavesdrop anymore.

She's got to have more gossip to tell Charli when she gets back.

"Fuck, Eleanor – just how much shit have you lied to me about?" Soo-Min heard her brother growl, flinching at the intimidating sound, she pressed her ear more firmly to the wall. A silence was heard before Soo-Min heard Eleanor speak again. "Honestly, too much." She spat back, not sounding apologetic in the least. Taehyung, who had run inside Soo-min's room to hear the argument going on, frowned as the words penetrated the air. Jungkook let out a scoff, "It's about Charlotte, isn't it."