moment of truth chapter 17

Jeremy pov
When did I begin to notice that my older sister is different from most people.i mean they were hints, but I just told myself that it was my imagination. My suspension began when my older sister told us stories about a magical world full of amazing and dangerous creatures like dragons, wolves, witches, vampires, hybrids, and everything between. I know to most people, it seems like a fantastic fantasy that their older siblings are telling them, but something inside of me was telling everything that she was telling us was true and that someday I was going to protected them I had no idea how right that feeling was.

The following years stranger things to happen. For starters, when the family is together and playing a game together, it doesn't feel like my sister is there. I mean, she is there engaging and all, but it feels like a different person has replaced her. Again, I just told myself it was my imagination.

Then came the morning when she didn't go to school and she was home alone. I came back early, but she didn't hear me cause she had her headphones in her ear, and that was when I saw her drinking water in mid water.

I didn't want to startle her, so I re open the

door and slammed shut, so it would seem that I had just arrived.

"Bear, is that you?" She called out. " Yeah, I just got here. Hey, what for lunch? I asked her in an equally loud voice.

"I don't know yet she said , but I will be sure to make something. I will call you when it is done.

After that, I ran fast into my room to try to understand what I had just seen, and this time, I knew it was not my imagination.

Years passed after we buried our father and returned to school. I have been looking at my sister very suspiciously, and when I do, she always has this knowing smirk on her face like she knows something I didn't.

That feeling that I had when my sister was around is back. But now I know I can trust it , it feels like my sister, but at the same time, it is not.

A few days later, my not so sister disappeared, and I felt my real sister, so I sprang from my bed and ran into my sister the moment I got there , a flash appear in from of me. That when I turned her light and said in a very excited voice, " I knew it you have magic.

Cassandra pov.

"Shit! shit! shit! , she thought loudly. How the fuck does she keep getting suck in to this. She turned around and
saw a very excited Jeremy.

" Bear!, what are you doing up so late? you should be in bed she asked in a very angry tone.

Jeremy pouted a little, and with a whimper, he said, " I am sorry, but I sensed you and wanted to see if I am right.

"What do you mean you sense me? she asked in an equally confusing and odd tone?

"I mean, I can tell when you are near, and when you are not, he told her in a proud tone. Speaking of, have you been in town for the past weeks? " No, I answered. Why do you ask?

I knew it the other you were fake . " Wait, you can tell the difference between my duplicate and me? I asked him again, very confusing ?

Jeremy looked at me oddly and said, " Yes, and I have to say it been driving me crazy.

" This is impossible she thought. His ability to differentiate magical begins should not have kicked in until he has triggered his powers. So what the hell?