truth and consequences

THE BOARDING HOUSE.

Despite Enzo making him miserable at every turn, he has been in a great mood snice yesterday.

He couldn't tell if it was because of the event of yesterday or because of what Matilda told him yesterday.

He made his way downstairs to find Enzo sitting and drinking.

" Day drinking, are we? He asked, not really caring for the answer.

" Well, after beating you black and blue, I got quite the thirst, so I thought why not. Enzo sass back.

Any other day, that comment would have bothered him. But not today. Today, everything he had worked for is coming true. Finally, Katherine would see that she chose the wrong brother.
Or so he thought.

Enzo could see the glee on Damon face. He could quess what was going on his mind.

A part of him wanted to tell him the truth. But he remembered what his little fire told him. So, as much as he wants to spare him from this pain , Damon needs to learn his lesson the hard way.

Enzo was about to ask him a question when they heard a knock on the door.

He turned to look at Damon, " expecting anyone? He asked.

" Not that I know of, and Matilda just waltz right in if it was her.

Damon opened the door to check who that was.

Damon was stunned and speechless for once in his life. Standing in front of him is a face he thought he would never have to see again.

" Little Annabelle, how long has it been? Didn't think you were alive. He feigned sympathy.

Anna didn't really care if he was concerned or not, but she had a job to do, so she is here.

" Nice to see you too, Salvatore." she snark sarcastically.

Anna tried to go inside the manor, but she was stopped by the barrier on the house.

" What the hell? I thought only vampires live in this house.

" Yes, we do," Damon smirked.

" Fine, can you get the compelled human you have on your beck and call to invite me in.

Damon looked smug and was about to respond when both Enzo and Stefan walked in.

" Annabelle didn't think you were alive. Stefan was shocked to see her.

" Yes, well, I didn't talk much back then, so I got ignored.

" Now that you are here, can you get your human to let me?" she impatiently demanded of Stefan.

Stefan chuckled because he found the situation funny.

" First of all, calm down, and second, as Damon said, no human holds the deed to the house. I do.

Annabelle scoffed in an unbelievable tone . "Umm, that impossible you are a vampire you can hold the deed to the house. Still not believing them.