Chapter 6: Discovery

Jason's POV:

Something was wrong with Nico di Angelo. And he was going to get to the bottom of it. As were Percy and Hazel, who were following close behind him, as he made his way to the Hades cabin. He was so intent on making it to Nico that he almost missed Hazel grabbing his arm.

"Jason, stop!"

He stopped and looked back at Hazel. She nodded over to the left. He followed her gesture and noticed a certain son of Apollo sitting by the fire with a young girl. They were talking quietly. Jason silently approached.

"Will?"

The blond son of Apollo whipped his head around. He sniffled as he stood; Jason could see that he had been crying. "Jason, hi," He shook his hand. "I'm so sorry I missed the meeting, some... family stuff came up."

Jason narrowed his eyes at the lie. He nodded at the girl who was there, and she got up and disappeared. He sat Will down. "Why don't you tell me what's really going on? Because I know it's not that."

"I-I. It's complicated." So that's how he was going to play at it.

"I see. Have you talked to anyone about what's going on? Have you spoken to Nico?"

Will uncomfortably shifted when Nico's name was mentioned. There was the root of the problem. "I've talked to my friends about it. I'm fine."

"You aren't fine, I can obviously see that. Are you and Nico fighting?"

Will cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, but that isn't your business."

"It is my business; he's my brother." Hazel piped up.

"And he hurt himself last night!" Percy revealed. "Was it because of you?"

"Percy!" Jason warned, but the damage was already done.

"Hurt himself?" Hazel looked confused. "What do you mean hurt himself?"

"Percy," Will's eyes were sad as he looked at Hazel. "That wasn't your information to share."

"What information? What are you talking about?" Hazel questioned, looking around at all the boys.

"We will talk about it later," Jason dismissed, looking back at Will. "What happened?"

Will shook his head. "I don't want to talk about it. Nico- Nico said some things that—I don't even know. You want answers? Ask him. Because I am just as confused as you are," Will's voice cracked with emotion. He stood up quickly, throwing a goodbye over his shoulder. "I'll see you guys at the Solstice tonight."

"What on earth happened between those two?" Percy asked, in shock over Will's reaction.

"I have no idea, but I intend to find out," Jason started walking away.

"Hang on, stop!" Hazel said forcefully. Jason turned to face her. "How does Nico hurt himself?"

Jason glared at Percy. "It's not really our place to talk about."

"I assumed Hazel knew." Percy defended.

"Knew what?" Hazel asked, but Jason ignored her question, still staring critically at Percy.

"Nico didn't tell anyone, willingly," Jason said. "Will found out when he was healing him. I found out accidentally."

"Found out what?" Hazel exclaimed. "Stop ignoring me."

"I'm sorry, but I can't take back what I said!" Percy said. "At any rate, she already knows."

Jason looked up, taking a breath, before looking back at Hazel. "Nico cuts himself."