Chapter 16: Christmas Eve

Will's POV:

It was Christmas Eve. Nico was still sleeping. Will was currently making coffee with the machine that Nico had "borrowed" from the Big House. He grabbed both mugs and walked over to Nico. He set his coffee on the table next to him and pulled up a chair to wait for him to wake. He thought about the way he had acted the previous day. He really didn't know who he was anymore. He didn't know where the anger was coming from. He was usually so easy-going and laid back. He tried to think when the change had happened, but he couldn't pinpoint it. His inner musings were interrupted by Nico moving. He rolled over, revealing his face to Will. Will smirked as Nico started sniffing the air.

"Please gods, tell me that that is coffee." Nico's voice was heavy with sleep, which was incredibly attractive. Will bit his lip as Nico's eyes opened. "What are you looking at?"

"You. Merry Christmas Eve, Nico." Will leaned forward to plant a kiss on Nico's lips.

Nico pecked him but pushed away.

"I do love you, but I need coffee." Nico moaned.

Will laughed as he leaned away. He grabbed Nico's mug and handed it to him. Nico slowly sat up, his blanket still on his shoulders and wrapped his hands around the warm mug. Will knew that Nico hated the cold which is why he had made him coffee.

Nico slurped down a good third of the coffee before speaking. "That was life-changing."

Will laughed. "So that's all you need to be happy in the mornings: good coffee. I will take that into consideration."

Nico looked around the room. "Hazel?"

"Breakfast," Will explained.

"Okay," Nico muttered. He looked at Will. "Thanks for staying last night."

Will nodded. "Of course. Now, let's go get some breakfast, I'm starving."

Ten minutes later, Nico and Will arrived at the dining pavilion to join the rest of the camp. They sat down with Reyna, Frank, and Hazel. They were all laughing about something. They looked up when they approached.

"Good morning, you two. I've been up for hours while you both slept like zombies." Hazel joked.

"Nico is not a morning person if you haven't figured that out yet," Will teased.

"What about you, son of Apollo? You usually wake up with the sun." Frank asked.

"Well, the Hades cabin is extremely dark, which I am sure you are aware of, Frank," Will said suggestively.

Frank turned red. "I- I have no idea what you are talking about. Going into another's cabin... that's against the rules! Guys and girls aren't allowed to be in the same cabin alone."

"They should probably expand that definition, with those two," Piper said as she joined the table with Jason.

It was Will's turn to look embarrassed.

"He's only in there because he's my doctor. I have a Doctor's note and everything," Nico countered. He considered Piper and Jason. "I thought you guys were spending the holiday with your dad, Piper."

Piper shrugged. "That was the plan, but then someone came back to camp hurt and Jason didn't want to leave."

Nico shifted in his seat. He looked guilty. "You guys didn't have to stay for me. I'm fine."

"Nico, you were screaming in the Infirmary for hours, you were not fine," Jason said, his eyes concerned.

"You guys shouldn't have stayed for me," Nico repeated, not making eye contact with anyone.