Chapter 27: Consequences

Will's POV:

He was sitting alone in a room. His leg was bouncing up and down as he waited for Chiron. His anger was so shocking to him; he was so usually calm, but something released the anger inside of him. Whether his true nature was coming out or an outside force was interfering, he had no idea. He looked up as the door opened and Chiron entered. He stood up rapidly.

"Chiron-" his teacher held his hand up stopping his words.

"Sit down Mr. Solace." Will heeded Chiron's words as he retook his seat. "Why don't you explain to me what's been going on? Because I know you William, and you are not typically a violent person."

"I've just been really worried about Nico and my stress got the better of me," Will explained. "It's not an excuse but that is what happened. It feels like..." he trailed off.

"Finish your thought."

"It feels like there is another force at play here. I'm usually not this angry and I feel angry all the time now. There is this hate inside me that I've never experienced before. Maybe there is a god interfering, I don't know."

Chiron stroked his beard as he considered Will's fears. "Hmm, that is entirely possible."

"Aphrodite also admitted to dabbling in my affairs. Hades was trying to get information on his son. Even Clovis mentioned the influence of a god in Nico's dreams." Will further explained.

"The trick is to discover which god is interfering," Chiron concluded. He looked back at Will thoughtfully. "However, you still attacked Aaron of your own accord. There will be severe consequences for your actions."

Will couldn't stop himself. "There is no excuse for what I've done. I have gone against my own morals and camp rules about hurting others. I am extremely sorry that I allowed to let my emotions influence me. I'm sorry."

"I can sense your sincerity, Mr. Solace." Chiron inclined his head. "But, I'm not the person you need to apologize to."

"No..." Will's eyes went wide. "Please, no."

"You are the one who instigated both fights with Mr. Stevenson. Even though you came off looking worse, that does not forgive your actions. Your punishment is to face him and apologize for what you've done. Also, he needs a medic. You roughed him up pretty badly."

Chiron dropped a medical bag at Will's feet. Will sighed deeply, realizing that Chiron's mind was already made up. "Yes sir; it will be done."

Chiron nodded. "Good. You head over to his room now. Percy and Jason will be in there to keep an eye on you."

Will stood, picking up the medical bag, following Chiron out of the room towards where Aaron was being held. Annabeth was standing outside, arms crossed over her chest as she spoke with Clarisse and Reyna. They stopped talking as Will approached.

"Will," Annabeth said.

Clarisse stepped towards Will, forcing him to step back and hit the wall. She put an accusing finger on his chest. "Beating up my siblings is my job, punk." She moved her hand, relieving the pressure. "But I do have to compliment you on your punches. You will leave some nasty bruises..."

Reyna looked murderous. "I wish I had had a go at him as well."

"Enough." Chiron grabbed the bridge of his nose, annoyed by the antics. "Can we get back to business? Mr. Solace is here to apologize and heal Mr. Stevenson. He will not interact with the boy in any other way besides those two things."

Annabeth knocked on the door and Percy's head popped out. He surveyed everyone and his eyes widen as he saw Will.

"What's he doing here?" He asked.