Chapter 17: Christmas

Will's POV:

Little children jumping on the bed woke Will followed by the gleeful screams of "It's Christmas! It's Christmas!"

His eyes opened to find two smiling faces peering down at him. Two of his younger siblings, Alicia and Louis, had woken him up. He sat up and looked around the cabin. The clock on his bedside table read 7:00 am.

"Good morning, kids. I'm only going to get up if you stop jumping on me." He warned.

They quickly got off. He looked around the room. All of the members of the Apollo cabin were standing around, bleary-eyed, but excited for the holiday. Kayla was watching this action unfold, her arms over her chest as she leaned against the wall.

"They've been awake since 6:30, but I made them wait until now to wake you up. They are anxious to open presents."

"Merry Christmas everyone!" His remark was met with choruses of 'Merry Christmas' and 'You too' and 'The sentiment is nice, but I'm Jewish' from one of the girls. Will nodded his head in apology. "Of course, Hannah, I apologize. We will celebrate Hanukah with you when the time comes." He looked around at his cabin members. "Who is ready to open presents?"

Everyone cheered as they swarmed the Christmas tree that they had in the cabin. The kids attacked all the presents while Kayla, Will, and Austin watched. The bags and boxes revealed bows and quivers, harmonics and sheet music, swords and knives, trains and cars, and so many Mythomagic figurines. Will went to the tree and picked out the presents he had gotten for his older siblings. He handed one to each of them. He had gotten Kayla a couple of bandanas and hair dye.

She laughed and hugged him. "Thanks, big bro!"

Austin opened his gift next. Inside were a new saxophone mouthpiece and a box of reeds. "Ah man, thanks, Will! I needed a new mouthpiece." He clapped Will on the back.

"You're welcome. I don't know how I would handle all the stuff that has happened in the last year without you guys." Will said lovingly. They all exchanged another round of hugs.

"And now, Big Bro, we have a few presents for you too!" Kayla said as she walked over to her bedside table.

She opened the drawer and pulled out two gifts. She handed them to Will. Austin had given him a new set of scrubs. He smiled. He then opened Kayla's present. It contained new guitar strings, picks, and music. One of the younger kids had broken his strings earlier in the year, and Will hadn't touched the instrument since then.

"Oh my gods, thank you all so much. I will definitely put these babies tonight during the sing-along. And the scrubs are absolutely perfect Austin! You guys are literally the best." He looped his arms around Kayla's and Austin's shoulders. "Now c'mon, let's go celebrate with our family."

Nico's POV:

Nico woke to Hazel shaking his shoulder. She smiled, her curls framing her round, cheerful face. "Merry Christmas, Nico."

"Merry Christmas to you, Hazel." He sat up, kissing his sister on the cheek.

He stretched and yawned. "What time is it?"

"8:30. Time for presents!" She sang, pushing a gift bag into his hands.

Nico took the bag, removing the tissue paper from the top. Inside, there was a pair of fingerless gloves, which he used during training and combat missions.

"Nice!" He exclaimed. "My last pair got corroded by a hydra." She raised her eyebrow, questioningly. "What? It was a mission for dad. I only sustained a few burns."

"A few?" She asked.

"It healed... for the most part," He reassured.

"For the most part?"