𝟵

LEONARDO

I watched the car drive off.

The cold air caresses my skin. People were rushing in and out of the bar.

My Zaria.

I wanted to punch that prick, but I wasn't going to put her in a more dangerous situation.

When I saw her with him, my heart stopped. Seeing her with another man hurt. With Rowan it was just an assumption, but this... I knew she was with a boyfriend or on a date.

And it was painful.

I went back inside. I walked to my seat. "What was that all about? And also who was that?" Ash immediately started interrogating me.

"No one." That is all I said. I never told him about Zaria.

"It didn't look like no one. Don't lie to me." I know he's not gonna let this go. Since we were kids, he always got what he wanted even if it was a simple answer.

"You were literally devouring that girl with your eyes. So I'm waiting for your answer." He tapped his fingers on the table. His eyebrow raised.

I admit I was staring at her the whole time. But how could I not? She looked stunning. Her lips, her eyes, her hair,... everything about her was beautiful. Unbelievably beautiful.

It was like seeing her for the first time all over again.

Zaria was extraordinary. With the way she talked, the way she smiled, the way she was so selfless. She always cared about others more.

She is someone I want. Someone I need. I desperately needed her. And I was never going to get her.

"She's my secretary. That's all." I finally answered him. He smirked showing his annoying smile.

"There it is. Now it makes sense." He took a sip of his drink and sighed. "No, it really all makes sense." Yeah sure. Now he acts like he knows everything.

"From what I can see, you have it bad." I did, but I was not going to say it out loud. I knew that what I felt for her, was way more than what I would admit it is.

"Look who's talking. The guy who is still waiting for his ex." It was a low blow form me to say it but I was pissed.

"Don't talk about Isla now." He warned me. The grip on his drink tightened. I knew she was a sensitive topic to him.

Isla and Ash dated for the majority of their teenage years, but they broke up because of his parents. They didn't want him to marry someone from the 'low' class and also the daughter of their maid. Their relationship was a secret, but when his parents found out, they fired Isla's mom and they had to move out. Since then Ash and Isla have not talked.

"And don't change the subject." He added.

"Okay whatever, we'll talk another time. I should go home." I wasn't feeling in the best mood right now. I just wanted to go home and be alone. Be at peace.

"But you have to tell me soon." After debating who was going to pay, I finally convinced him that I'll do it.

We got out of the bar and went our ways.

When I arrived home, I changed into more comfortable clothes and went to my home office. I had to get my mind off tonight's events.

------

The alarm went off. It was Monday and 5 am. It was my usual time to wake up.

I got up from the bed, went to brush my teeth, and dressed up.

I went to the gym and did a thirty minutes workout. I worked out almost every morning. It was the best way to start my day. It gave me energy.

After I was done with it, I took a shower and went to the kitchen. I made a smoothie and got dressed up for work.

It was 7 am when I arrived at the office. I walked past Zaria's desk but she was still not here. She was usually here at 7:15 am.

She'll arrive soon.

I went into my office and sat by the desk. I had too much work today. Zaria had to bring me the documents for the meeting, so while I was waiting for her to arrive, I did some of the other work I had.

After twenty minutes I decided to call her. I picked up the handset and pressed the button for her phone.

It wasn't even a few seconds later when she answered. "Yes, sir?" That was not her. From the raspy and loud voice, I assume it was Michelle. An elderly lady that sometimes worked at the front desk.

"Where is Miss Managold?" Was she running late?

"Miss Managold called in sick. She said she was not feeling well so she asked me to take her place today." She was sick? Was she okay? Worry clouded my mind. "Do you need anything, sir?" She asked.

"No, thank you." That is all I said and hung up.

Did something happen with that bastard? I had to make sure she was okay. I couldn't be at peace without knowing how she is.

The whole day I was sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for the meetings and calls to end.

So when the clock hit 6 pm, I picked up my stuff and headed out. It was unusual for me to leave at this time but today I couldn't just stay here and not see if Zaria was doing fine.

It was rare that Zaria was not at work. Sometimes she would call in sick but this time I had to make sure it was not something serious and it was not something that had to do with her date.

I opened the car and went in. I drove off and without thinking went to the pharmacy to buy her medicine and to the store to buy some fruits.

I speed off and arrived in front of her apartment building.

What are you doing Leo?

Thoughts on this story so far? Do you like it or not? 🌷