𝟭𝟯

AIMEE

"I told you he wants you." Evelin chewed on a piece of mango.

"Evelin, stop. I told you it's not like that. You're making things up." I laughed at her comment.

"We'll see if I'm making things up when you come back." I was currently packing my suitcase for tomorrow. Evelin came by to see me and she insisted to help me with choosing what to take with me.

She acted like we were going to be there for a year. It was going to be just three days. And two of those days are going to be spent at the meetings.

"You're definitely not taking those." I looked at the Minions pajamas in my hands. There was nothing wrong with them. I loved them. They were the most comfortable clothing I owned.

"Aimee, please. Choose something sexier." I blushed and shushed her.

"Eve, don't. I'm not going there to seduce Mr. Hyde." She stood up and went to my closet and started picking up new pajamas.

After a few minutes of searching, she came up to me, holding clothes in her hands. They were dark blue satin pajama sets. The pants were short and they reached mid-thigh. The top had long sleeves but it was definitely shorter looking, almost like a crop top.

They were beautiful but not for this weather.

"I'm going to freeze in these," I told her.

"Well perfect. You'll tell your boss that you're cold and then he'll offer to keep you warm and you'll sleep in the same bed. Just like in the movies." She winked and went back to her eating.

"Well, this is not a movie. I can't just walk around him dressed in this." I lifted the piece of clothing and waved it to her.

"Okay take some other pyjamas. But I swear it would have been so cute. At least take them as a backup. Pretty please." She pouted her lips and I knew I can't say no to her.

"Whatever. It's not like I'm going to wear them." I folded them and placed them in the suitcase.

"What are you going to wear to the meeting?" She asked.

I actually didn't know. I was probably going to wear my usual work outfit. Wide dress pants and a shirt.

"Wear a skirt maybe?" She suggested. I was never comfortable with wearing skirts, but I had a few that I bought for work that I never wore.

"Should I wear one?" I asked skeptical, placing a hand on my hip.

"You definitely should. I rarely see you in dresses and skirts." I took two skirts. One dark grey and the other one black. They both reached right above my knees.

"When I tell you Hyde is going to freak out when he sees you." She whistled when she saw the skirts in my hands.

"You're being way too dramatic." I rolled my eyes and went to the closet to take some shirts as well.

"I just know something's going to happen there. You and him alone. A lake house. It's like a love story waiting to happen."

"He's not interested in me Eve. And also he's twelve years older than me. Why would he want to be with someone so much younger? I bet he can find someone way better than me." Evelin stood up and walked towards me.

"Are you hearing yourself? Where is he going to find a better girl than you? Aimee, you don't realize how amazing you are. I've known you for soo many years and I can say that I've never met anyone more kind, selfless, amazing, gorgeous, and beautiful than you. If he doesn't want you it's his loss." She knew that I had the tiniest crush on Mr. Hyde when I started working for him.

"Thank you, Eve. I love you so much. You know that right?" I extended my hands and hugged her.

"I know Aimee. I love you too. You'll always be my best friend." She held me closer.

Evelin was the only friend I had and I would never change it. I would rather have only her than have ten more friends. She was the only one that matters.

We told each other everything. She knew all of my secrets and I knew all of hers.

We spend the best memories of our lives together.

"Also I have to tell you something." She had a nervous look on her face.

"What?" I raised my eyebrow.

"You know me and Rowan are moving together soon and we also started preparing for the wedding." She continued. "We've also talked about having kids soon after we get married. But I'm so nervous when it comes to these types of conversations." She sighed.

"I'm scared that I'm not going to be a good mom, Aimee." I knew what she meant.

"What if I end up like my mom? I don't want my children to grow up the way I did." Evelin's mom would always leave her alone with her dad and then come back after a few months. Her mom and her dad had an on-and-off relationship and her mom would occasionally disappear claiming that she couldn't take care of Evelin. That she was not mentally prepared for a child.

"Evelin, we talked about this. You're nothing like your mom. You'll have an amazing family with Rowan and you'll raise your children in the best way possible. Trust me on this one. I know you will." She hugged me again and started to cry. I reassured her that everything was going to be okay. That she and Rowan were going to figure out the perfect time to have babies.

We stayed like that till my phone started ringing. I picked it up and it was Mr. Hyde.

"It's Mr. Hyde." I mouthed to Eve. She wiped her tears and gave me a smirk.

"Yes, sir," I answered.

"Hey, Zaria. I just wanted to tell you that I'll pick you up at 7 am." We were supposed to go at 8 am, but I guess he changed his plans.

"Okay. Thank you for informing me."

"I'll pick you up at your apartment." We said goodbye and hung up.

I and Eve continued with our conversation and also with packing the clothes.

After that, we ordered some food and ate while watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Evelin left at 10 pm and I guess it was time for me to go to bed.

It was going to be a long journey tomorrow.

Comment and vote🥰

Also Angel in the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer🤌

🌷🌷🌷🌷