𝟭𝟭

LEONARDO

I was in front of her apartment door again. Like a fool, I couldn't stay away.

I knocked on the door. After a few seconds, Zaria appeared. She had a surprised look on her face. I mean who would expect their boss to show up two days in a row?

"Hey." She greeted me. Now I feel like a creep, and I'm kind of regretting coming here and disturbing her peace.

"I just brought you some documents and also some dinner." I lifted the papers and the bag. Like she couldn't have asked Michelle for the documents. She took them from my hands and thanked me.

"I should go. I'm sorry for showing up unannounced again." Just leave Leo and leave her alone.

"No! Please stay, sir." She interrupted me. Her cheeks turned into a deep red color. "I meant, I don't want to eat alone. You can join me." How can I say no to her? I agreed and went inside.

Today she was dressed in a big black sweater and grey sweatpants. Her hair was down and tucked behind her ears. She looked adorable.

Walking into the living room I saw the cat. Lexi was her name I think. I sat next to her on the sofa and took her on my lap. Growing up I wasn't allowed to have animals in the house, but when I moved away from my parents I didn't have time to take care of a pet.

So right now, I was going to use the opportunity I had and enjoy having this small animal in my hands.

Zaria went to the kitchen to put the food on plates and after she did that, she joined me on the sofa.

She curled herself on the end and started eating her food. It was nice having someone to do this with. It was nice having Zaria next to me. Enjoying our time together outside of the office.

It felt refreshing.

"I'll be back at the office tomorrow, sir. You didn't have to bring the documents." She said while she took a bite of the orange chicken.

I could care less about the documents, I wanted to see you. But saying that out loud would be ridiculous.

"If you feel better. But if you don't, take another day to rest." If it meant me visiting her every night, then she could take the whole year off.

She confirmed that she will be at work tomorrow since she's feeling way better. We continued eating our food and then Zaria made us a fruit salad, that she was soo excited to show me.

She brought us the bowls and turned on the tv. "There are new episodes of River Monsters." She did a little dance while eating.

We started watching and began our conversation about how Zaria doesn't know how to swim because she's scared of deep water.

"So when you're in the water you're not scared something's going to grab your leg and pull you down?" She looked shocked and confused.

"Why would I be scared of that? I don't go and swim in the middle of the ocean." She shook her head.

"You are crazy." She said and let out a laugh. It was a raspy laugh caused by the cold. Her eyes were still swollen and her nose was still red.

"Be careful Zaria, you're calling your boss crazy," I smirked seeing her eyes widen.

"I'm sorry, sir I didn't mean it like that." She started panicking and apologizing. "It's okay I was just joking," I assured her. But she looked adorable and I couldn't contain my smile.

"Wait, you smiled. Finally, the big grumpy boss smiled." She clapped her hands and pretended that she was spiking to a crowd.

Did she really think of me as grumpy? Maybe I was too cold towards her.

"See Lexi. He finally smiled." She took Lexi in her hands and turned her head to me. She, like always just meowed.

Zaria looked carefree and relaxed. She was more comfortable around me. I hope this doesn't change when she comes back to work.

Maybe I have to be more communicative with her. I do admit I was avoiding her for a reason. Because I didn't want to develop stronger feelings, having her like this, joking and spending time with her, made me want her even more.

We continued watching the tv show and somewhere at the end of the third episode, Zaria fell asleep.

On my arm, which was behind her on the sofa. I didn't dare to move and wake her up. I also liked the feeling of having her like this.

She slowly and slowly moved and laid on my shoulder, turning her head to my neck. Her hot breath on my skin.

I scooped her closer to me. I placed my hand around her back and held her tighter.

Her sweet scent filled my lungs. Her breathing evened and I could feel her heartbeat.

I wanted to have her sleeping by my side every day and every night.

To wake up next to her. To adore her, to spoil her. To take care of her.

I wanted her. I wanted her to be mine and wanted to be hers.

🌷🌷
Thoughts on this book so far? I'm kind of losing motivation lately and i feel like the chapters are not good :(