𝗮𝘂𝗿𝗼𝗿𝗮

AURORA
age seventeen
————————————————————

"Miss Hyde?" The voice brought me back from my daydreaming.

Huh? I lifted my head and my eyes meet Mrs. McKay. Her glasses were hiding her piercing blue eyes. Her eyebrows furrowed in a sharp line and her hands placed on her hips.

"I'm waiting for the answer, young lady." I looked at the border and my mind got dizzy with all the numbers and letters.

"Umm, I don't know..." I whispered.

"That's what I thought. You need to pay attention or else I'll have to call your dad." Did she have to embarrass me in front of everyone?

Also, what was her obsession with wanting to call my dad? Did she want to see him that bad?

The math class dragged on for twenty more minutes and the bell finally rang. I practically ran from the classroom.

The hallway was packed with people and my eyes searched around, trying to spot his hair.

Apollo, my best friend. Someone I grew up with.

His hair was very easy to spot because Apollo had poliosis. He had a white strand of hair in the front. He also had a white line on his left eyebrow and a few of his lashes on his left eye were also white.

Since we were kids I always thought that he looked angelic. I've never seen anyone like him before, he was unique in my eyes.

I pushed between the sea of bodies and then I finally saw him. He was talking to Ethan. I waved my hand but he was still not seeing me. When I was close enough I called out his name and his blue eyes found mine.

A big grin formed on his beautiful face. His dimples permanent on his cheeks.

He said something to Ethan, tapped him on his shoulder, and started to walk toward me.

"Rory!" He threw his arm around my shoulder and brought me closer to him, placing a kiss on my temple in the process.

"You done for today?" He said. We started to walk down the hallway.

"Yeah, you?"

"Same. Thankfully." He let out a breath of relief. I loosened the tie around my neck. I hated the uniforms. I loved how they looked but they were pretty uncomfortable.

The skirt was in a navy blue color, same as the blazer, the shirt was light blue and the tie was black with some white and red patterns.

As I said the uniforms looked good but on Apollo, it looked mesmerizing. He was taller than me, way taller. I didn't even notice when he grew up this much. His dark hair was a disheveled mess on his head.

He was also fit since he was practicing karate.

We were pretty different. Apollo was more of a sport guy and I was more of a music girl. I played the violin and I loved writing music. Dad and Mom always supported me in whatever decision I made, so when I told them that I want to study music in college, they were more than happy for me.

"You coming to my place? We can order food and we'll watch that boring tv show of yours."

"Excuse me! Vampire Diaries is not boring." I pushed on his chest.

"You and your vampire obsession." He tightened the arm around me and we both laughed. We finally got out of school and walked to his car.

Just like every guy I knew, Apollo was obsessed with his car. He treated it like a baby and even gave her a name. Lily.