𝟭𝟲

AIMEE

I woke up in a really good mood. It was not easy for me to wake up in the morning, but today I practically jumped out of bed.

I couldn't wait to spend the day with Leo. We had the whole day to ourselves.

I got out of the bathroom and I heard my phone ring. It was Evelin.

"Hi, Eve." I greeted her.

"Lexi hates me." I heard her whine. I stood up from the bed and went to the closet where I stored the few clothes that I had with me.

"I'm sorry, I know she can get angry when she's not with me." Lexi was a vicious little thing. She was bratty and feisty with other people. I didn't know who to leave her with. My parents would never allow a pet in their home, and my grandparents would not be able to deal with her and that's why I asked Evelin to look after her.

"You know I love her, but she's going crazy." I could hear Lexi hiss on the other side.

"I'm really sorry, Eve. I'll be back tomorrow night." I picked up some clothes to wear and placed them on the bed.

I didn't know if Leo was up, it was 8 am.

"It's okay. Now tell me how are things going?" She asked.

"Well, everything is going fine. We had the meeting and it went better than we expected." I continued until she interrupted me.

"You know I was not asking about the meeting." I could feel her smirking.

A smile formed on my lips remembering last night.

"Something happened? I knew it." Of course, she knew. She hummed a song while waiting for me to tell her.

"Nothing special. We made dinner. Actually, he made dinner and I helped him. And then we talked and went to sleep. That's it." I left out some details.

"Girl you know I don't believe that. Your voice is different, you sound more happy. Now tell me what happened." Did my voice really sound different? I sighed and decided to tell her.

"Okay... well he acts different. He's more relaxed around me... I don't know, I always thought he didn't really like me. But he's been acting so caring and nice to me lately." I hesitated for a moment. "He gave me a forehead kiss last night before we went to our separate rooms."

I know it was not a big deal but it was my boss. It was my freaking boss who gave me the forehead kiss.

I heard Evelin giggle. "He's gonna be kissing something else soon." She said with a sneaky voice.

"Eve stop!" I started to laugh placing a hand over my mouth. I sounded like a dying rat.

"Am I lying? No. You'll see." There were hushed voices coming from the other side.

"I'll have to get Lexi, she went to the kitchen. Call me when you get back."

"Okay, bye." She said goodbye back and we finished the call.

I got dressed up in basic wide jeans and a white hoodie. I tied my hair in a messy high ponytail and went out of the room.

Just as I stepped into the living room I saw Leo. He was dressed in a casual outfit, in dark denim jeans and a black long-sleeved t-shirt. He was sitting on the sofa. His reading glasses are set low on his nose. His eyes were fixed on the papers in front of him.

He didn't notice me walk in.

I cleared my throat. "Hii!"

He immediately turned his head to me and placed the papers on the table. He stood up and took off his glasses. I really liked how they looked on him.

"Hey, I was waiting for you. I made breakfast." He smiled and waited for me to go to the kitchen with him.

He prepared a lot of breakfast. Like a lot. But I was not going to complain, I was hungry.

We started eating our food, I closed my eyes and hummed when I tasted the pancakes. They were delicious, covered in melted chocolate.

"You should have been a chef, your cooking is amazing."

"Nah, you're just being nice because I'm your boss."

"I'm being serious." I took the last bite of the pancakes.

"Well, that means I should cook more often for you." I almost choked on the food. What does he mean by that?

He was confusing me half of the time. My poor heart could take so much.

"Let's clean this up and get ready. We'll go out. I'm gonna show you a place, that I loved to go when I was a kid." He picked up the plates and I cleaned the rest of the dishes.

I threw a jacket on and applied some mascara and concealer. I also took my small film camera. Maybe I could take a couple of pictures.

Leo locked the door and we went to the car and left.

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷
Thoughts on the book?