Chapter 2: Gringotts

Is The Dark All Dark?

                                                                                      Chapter 2

Lucius briefly glanced at his son before turning his attention back to the goblin. An annoyed look appeared on his face when the goblin simply thumbed through the folder sitting on his desk with a bored expression.

"Again who authorized such large monthly transactions from my...Mr. Potter's vaults?" Lucius repeated, sitting in the chair beside Harry. The teenage wizard reached up to wipe the tears away that had managed to drip down his chin, watching the eldest Malfoy.

"Seeing as Mr. Potter is still considered underage in the wizarding community and he is an orphan, an amount to this extent would have needed the approval of his magical guardian." Griphook explained. Lucius didn't fail to miss the look of confusion that crossed Harry's face at the mention of his magical guardian, causing him to ball his hands into fists in frustration.

"Harry who is your magical guardian?" Lucius questioned, giving the black-haired boy his full attention.

"What's a...magical guardian?" the Gryffindor questioned, tilting his head. Lucius barely managed to keep his composure, being reminded of Narcissa at the boy's actions.

"The magical guardian is the one primarily in charge of your vaults and making sure you understand what is means to be an...heir to a pureblood family. Normally it would be the current lord of the Potter family. However, considering the...circumstances it would be whoever raised you." Lucius explained. Harry blinked several times as he attempted to understand what his...birth father was explaining.

"I was raised by muggles. Until Hagrid told me about Hogwarts that summer before my first year I didn't even know I was a wizard. I'd...always just been called a freak." Harry explained, managing a shrug. He didn't want to mention to much about his aunt and uncle or seem like he was a weak person.

"How did you get into your vault to purchase your supplies that first year? Or the last two for that matter?" Lucius questioned. Harry leaned his head back, looking at the ceiling as he tried to think about that summer that changed his entire life. Hagrid had brought him to the bank that first time and the goblin teller had asked for a key.

"Hagrid had the key to my vault. He said the headmaster gave it to him. He kept it when we were done. I didn't have to return to my vault that summer before second year and then...last year Mrs. Weasley got my supplies because it was too dangerous for me to wander around." Harry explained. Lucius absently gritted his teeth at the mere thought of Harry not even having access to his vault. He wasn't sure what angered him more, the fact that those blood traitors were just helping themselves to someone else's money or the fact that Dumbledore was paying them to pretend to care about the boy.

"Mr. Potter, are you saying that you do not have your vault keys?" Griphook questioned, finally seeming to have gained some interest in their conversation. Harry simply shook his head, confused at the sudden furious look that crossed the goblin's features, making him seem even scary than he already was. The goblin quickly stood from his chair, stepping out of the office through the door located behind his desk. Harry sat in silence; his hands tightly clasped together in his lap. He briefly glanced at Lucius, slightly surprised by the man's concern about this matter.

"I'm really sorry...I...Griphook didn't really..." he stuttered, tripping over his words. Lucius released a low chuckle, shaking his head.

"I'm more than aware that Griphook wouldn't have given you a chance to run the minute the wards told you him you stepped into the bank." He explained, leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed. Harry managed a small nod, looking down at his hands. The two sat in awkward silence for several minutes, neither knowing what to say to the other. Lucius had barely opened his mouth to speak when the door once again opened and Griphook slipped back in.