Chapter 13: Malfoy

Is The Dark All Dark?

Chapter 13

Once Harry had fallen asleep Remus and Tonks cornered Sirius, demanding to know just what had happened.

"Like I said everything went fine at the bank. Harry is now considered Lord Potter and neither the Malfoys nor Dumbledore will have any say in the kid's life, whether it's what he does or where he lives." Sirius explained, sitting on the couch in the center room. Tonks released a small breath of relief as she sat down beside him. Remus crossed his arms, knowing there was more to the story.

"Lucius showed up at the Leaky Cauldron. He didn't attempt anything so don't worry about that. Honestly it was a little weird, but he spent the whole type just...explaining stuff to Harry about his assets and a few of the smaller properties. Just...doing stuff we always expected James to do with him. I could tell Harry was actually enjoying it." Sirius continued, shaking his head.

"Which explains why he kept saying he was betraying them. He enjoyed getting to spend that time with Lucius and he feels like he's betraying Lily and James because his birth father is a known death eater." Remus sighed, shaking his head. He sat in the chair closest to the small furnace, getting lost in thought as he tried to think of some way to help with their current situation. Between the tournament, Dumbledore and the Malfoys, Harry had been jerked in nearly every direction since the end of Summer. He hadn't had a chance to actually be a kid since the Potters had died and it seemed no matter how hard they tried it just wasn't in the cards.

"Narcissa...showed up after a few hours. She wanted to spend time with Harry, and it caused him to panic. I personally think it would be good for him. It's what Lily and James both wanted. You both saw Lily's note. If he'd been raised with me, he would have known the truth a long time ago." Sirius sighed, reaching up to jerk his fingers through his hair, frustrated for his godson. Their whole situation was a huge mess.

"Do you think it would be a good idea for them to go somewhere alone? Lucius is still a death eater and from everything we've learned, Voldemort is still out there but...we don't know where." Tonks questioned, glancing between the two Gryffindors.

"Not alone, no. Besides I don't Harry is anywhere near ready for that. Today was the first time he'd even been around Lucius without it turning into a full out argument that Izzy must get him out of." Sirius stated, giving his head a shake.

"If we can convince Harry to spend time with them I personally think one of us needs to go with him. It can't be Sirius for very obvious reasons. I don't think I would be the best choice simply for my...furry problem. Tonks you actually might have the best chance. Narcissa is your aunt after all, even if she and your mother don't talk anymore." Remus suggested. The ends of Tonks' hair turned a green shade for a moment at the thought of spending time with either of her aunts. Sirius couldn't help but laugh at her reaction, remembering his own distaste of spending time with the Black sisters himself.

"I'll do it for Harry. But only when he's ready." She stated, a tone to her voice that left no room for arguments as she glanced between the two men. She frowned before standing from the seat, walking to her part of the tent.

Malfoy Manor

Lucius sat in his office, silently tapping the quill against the parchment, lost deep in his thoughts. A cup of tea sat forgotten on the desk where one of the house elves had left it for him shortly after he'd returned to the manor after his unplanned lunch with Harry. A small smile graced his lips as he thought about the small amount of time he'd gotten to spend with his youngest.

"Lucius? It's late. Dinner's been ready for a little while now." Narcissa stated softly, stepping into his office. He glanced up at his wife for a moment before looking back down at the paperwork in front of him. It was a copy of Harry's finances he'd received at the end of the summer along with Harry's heritage report. He still felt angered reading it, learning that several of his son's natural gifts had been blocked, leaving him unable to rise to his fullest potential. He'd been potioned to hate his family and to blindly trust a family of the 'light'.