Chapter 23: First Family Yule

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well.

Hope you enjoy this chapter of Is The Dark All Dark. It's a little longer than normal.

I have created a Facebook account under the name Snowbeam that I want to use to keep in touch with my readers easier. I plan on using it to interact with everyone, post updates about works in progress and post little polls as well as give an easier option for people to reach out and make requests. So please feel free to send me a friend request.

Join a discord server created for both writers and readers to create a community to help each other. For both Fanfiction writers and writers creating an original story. Share stories you've enjoyed that you think others will as well. Bounce ideas off each other and ask for others opinions. Everyone is welcome to join 16 and over. This is a new server so stuff will constantly be added and updated as the server grows.

https://discord.com/invite/c8zrjDCtRa

I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS

All reviews are read and appreciated.

"Set your heart ablaze." – Kyojuro Rengoku (Demon Slayer)

Chapter 23:

First Family Yule

Harry sighed as he leaned against one of the railings that overlooked the gardens. Since learning that Voldemort was his father's godfather, he couldn't help wondering more about that night with the Potters. Sirius had told him about some prophecy Dumbledore had learned about that was supposedly made Harry the chosen one to destroy the Dark Lord for good, but it didn't make sense that the Dark Lord would attack someone from the blood line that he had sworn to raise and protect. Adding to the fact that if the prophecy was real, how was he the actual chosen one when his parents weren't the Potters, meaning he wasn't born to the ones that had defied him three times.

"Sickle for your thoughts?" Daphne's voice questioned behind him. He glanced over his shoulder, offering a small smile. She had been the first to seek him out since Draco and Lucius had gone back inside. He'd decided to stay outside in the cool night air to attempt to clear his thoughts. She gently placed her hand on his arm as she stepped up to stand at his side.

"I don't think my thoughts are worth much more than a knut. There are some many things I want answers to, but every answer just seems to create even more questions." He sighed, simply shaking his head. At one point he thinks he is beginning to make sense of everything he'd learned since his birthday but instead it just sends him spiraling even further out of control.

"I'm still willing to listen if you need someone to talk to though. You don't need to keep everything to yourself when you've got friends who care." She commented, hoping to help ease the feelings that were confusing him. He glanced at her for a moment before he released a small chuckle, shaking his head. He reached up to drag his fingers through his hair as he took a deep breath, attempting to calm his nerves.

"It feels like my life just keeps getting even more complicated with each passing day. I find out my friends aren't my friends; my enemies are actually my family. I find out I'm a wizarding Lord and because I was forced into a tournament that I didn't want anything to do with I've been suddenly pushed into taking up that title." He finally explained. He couldn't help looking up at the night sky, looking at the twinkling stars, his mind once again wandering.

Malfoy Ballroom

Severus couldn't help frowning as he stood in one of the corners of the crowded room, glancing around at the witches and wizards in attendance. He hated that Lucius always managed to rope him into attending such lavish events when he would much rather be spending time locked up in his potions' rooms working on his experiments.