Chapter 22: Yule Ball Disasters Part 2

I have created a Facebook account under the name Snowbeam that I want to use to keep in touch with my readers easier. I plan on using it to interact with everyone, post updates about works in progress and post little polls as well as give an easier option for people to reach out and make requests. So please feel free to send me a friend request.

Chapter 22:

Yule Ball Disasters Part 2

Harry took a deep breath as he smoothed out the nonexistent wrinkles on the dark midnight blue dress robes he was currently wearing. He smiled thinking about when he'd made the trip with Narcissa to get them, remembering what she'd told him about not wearing the same dress robes so close together. She'd refused to let him seem anything less than the lord everyone was training him to be. He looked at himself in the mirror, moving to absentmindedly twist the rings that were once again on his fingers. He'd been forced to sit through another lecture from both Tonks and Remus once he'd returned from Gringotts with Sirius and Izzy had given him her motherly disappointed look all during dinner. He felt horrible for breaking their trust in him, honestly having made a mistake without really thinking about what the consequences could be. And because of that someone had managed to slip him more loyalty charms that had put a strain on the family he hadn't fully realized he wanted.

"You alright in here pup?" Sirius questioned, poking his head into the room. His godfather had decided against attending the Malfoy Yule Ball, using the excuse that after what had happened several days before he probably wasn't going to be welcomed back any time in the near future. Remus had decided to stay at the manor as well, using the excuse that someone needed to keep his dogfather out of trouble, though he figured it was also because there was going to be a lot of purebloods that wouldn't have problems making hateful comments about his condition. Harry glanced over his shoulder for a moment before turning his attention back to the mirror.

"Are we sure this is a good idea? I know they said I was still welcome to come but...what if they were just saying that? What if they're still upset with how I acted when we left?" Harry questioned, absently biting his bottom lip for a moment.

"You and I both know that is not something you need to worry about. The Malfoys want you there more and you are not going to stand in here and talk yourself out of going after acting like a girl and taking several hours to get ready." Sirius teased. He pulled out one of the Potter family wands that Izzy had managed to find that accepted his magic, waving it as he sent a charm to smooth down his godson's hair in an attempt to tame it. Harry managed a small smile, slipping his own wand into the holster strapped on his arm before he walked out of the room with Sirius. Tonks was standing in the family room that had a fireplace connected to the floo network, waiting for Harry.

"We will stay as long as you want Harry. Just let me know when you're ready to go and we will." Tonks commented softly, hoping to ease Harry's nerves.

"And between the two of us, I don't care what any of these stuck-up Purebloods think. We're going to have fun whether they like it or not." She added, her hair flashing a brighter shade of pink for a moment.

"You two have fun. I want all the details when you get home!" Sirius stated, grinning at the three of them. Harry managed a nod as he reached out and took a small handful of floo powder.

Malfoy Manor

Draco stood beside his parents, attempting to keep the bored expression off his face as he greeted each guest. He briefly glanced at his mother when she tapped his shoulder, seeing the unamused look she was giving him about his clear lack of interest.

"Lord and Lady Greengrass, welcome. I am so glad you were able to attend." Lucius stated, reaching out to shake the elder gentleman's hand. Daphne stood at her parents side, briefly glancing around for who Draco could assume was Harry. She met his gaze, raising an eyebrow as if to ask where his twin currently was.