Chapter 4: Return To Hogwarts?

Is The Dark All Dark?

                                                                                          Chapter 4

Harry was silent as he sat at the table across from his godfather, feeling his nerves starting to get the better of him. Izzy stood close to the doorway watching the two wizards. She had managed to pop in and collect Sirius while he had been in his room at the Black Family house. When she had seen just how skin and bones he was she had been furious, already planning on forcing him to take better care of himself.

"Harry...I'm really sorry I didn't tell you the truth when we first met but...I was just so excited to see you." Sirius finally stated, looking at his godson with a defeated look in his eyes.

"I probably wouldn't have believed anything you said. And with Professor Snape there he probably would have thought you were crazy." Harry stated with a shrug. He looked down at the table, shifting slightly in his chair. Sirius released a sigh as he leaned back in his chair, looking up at the ceiling. Izzy snapped her fingers once they were enveloped in an awkward silence, setting the table for lunch.

"Eat. Neither can miss meals." She stated firmly, giving both of them a firm stare before she busied herself somewhere else in the house. Sirius released a laugh, shaking his head, catching Harry's attention.

"She really hasn't changed much." His godfather explained with a grin.

"You knew about Izzy before she came and got you?" Harry questioned curious about his past with the mothering house elf.

"Izzy was your grandmum's personal elf. She was as mothering as Mrs. Potter was in every way including yelling at James and me for doing stupid stuff." Sirius chuckled. Harry couldn't help but smile at learning the house elf had watched his dad grow up. Both wizards returned to their lunch in a comfortable silence.

After nearly a week Sirius, Harry and Izzy had fallen into a familiar, comfortable routine around the cottage. They all enjoyed meals together, Sirius telling Harry about pranks the Maruaders had gotten into during their time at Hogwarts, enjoying the smile on his godson's face at hearing each tale.

On the morning of his birthday he woke up to Sirius and Izzy knocking on his door, both badly singing him happy birthday while holding a cake. Harry laughed as he reached for his glasses, moving to slip them on. He faltered for a moment when he realized his vision was blurred with them on.

"Looks like your mum's charm wore off pup. You really look like a Malfoy now." Sirius stated, a look of aw on his face. Harry quickly scrambled out of his bed, nearly tripping on the blanket tangled around his legs. Sirius stood back with his arms crossed as he watched his godson simply stare at his reflection, horror evident on his face as he reached up to rake his fingers through his now blonde hair. He didn't fail to notice the boy still had James unruly hair just with the Malfoy color. His eyes were now a steel grey with a green ring in the middle, evidence of the blood adoption.

"I can't go to Hogwarts looking like this!" Harry panicked, jerking around to look at the house elf and his godfather. Sirius sighed, pulling out his wand, attempting to reapply the charm to calm the teenager down. With each failed attempt Harry only grew even more frantic, worrying about what his classmates would say.

"Pup calm down. We'll figure it out before you have to return to Hogwarts. Can't have Dumbledore freaking out about his precious boy-who-lived." Sirius attempted to joke, only receiving a glare from both Harry and Izzy.