Chapter 17: Yule Ball

Is The Dark All Dark?

Chapter 17

Harry was silent as he stood in front of the mirror, adjusting the dress robes Narcissa had sent him as an early Yule gift, stating she figured he would be in need of them. He reached up to pull one of the blue strands in his hair into his line of vision, biting his lip as he thought about how it probably clashed with the deep purple robes.

"Hey Tonks...could you help me with that charm on my hair?" he called, hoping his voice would carry throughout the tent. After several minutes of waiting he gave up, picking up his wand to attempt to charm himself.

"Don't even think about it. We don't need you having Weasley red hair again." Tonks teased, walking into the room. She was dressed in a midnight blue dress that Harry guessed probably complimented whatever color dress robes Narcissa had sent for Remus to wear.

"That was one time and I was still learning the charm." He groaned as he thought about one of the first attempts at making his hair look different from Draco's. The thought of looking identical to his twin had given him a sick feeling in his stomach, only thinking about the amount of bad blood between them at the time. Tonks rolled her eyes before she raised her wand, waiting for Harry to tell her exactly what it was he was wanting to change.

"Anyways. I need the blue...changed to a dark purple? I don't want to cause any issues tonight. Merlin knows that I don't need a fashion lecture from Draco or Daphne." He muttered, crossing is arms in frustration. Tonks raised an eyebrow, clearly about to say something else to tease him about the ball but remained silent when he gave her a frustrated glare. She laughed before muttering the charm, her own hair flashing a dark purple for a moment before Harry's mirrored it.

"You two ready? Or are you both causing more mischief?" Remus questioned, stepping into the room. Harry and Tonks shared a look before looking at the Marauder.

"Did you tell me stories about you, James and Sirius playing pranks on stuffy lords and ladies at the parties the Potter's threw while you were all still in school?" Harry remarked, teasing his honorary uncle. Remus only offered a small smile before gesturing out of the room, hoping Harry would understand that they needed to leave. Harry quickly nodded, following them both out of the tent. He remained lost in his thoughts as they walked towards Hogwarts, already seeing students from all three students heading towards the Great Hall. He didn't fail to notice the looks he received from quite a few Hogwarts students as they passed, figuring they still thought him to be a cheater and that he had stolen the attention from the real Hogwarts Champion.

"Just ignore them. Tonight is just about having fun. Although, remember not to make a fool of yourself during the opening dance." Remus stated.

"Hopefully he's practiced enough both with his instructors and with me that that shouldn't be too much of a problem." Daphne's voiced suddenly sounded from behind them. Harry turned around, a light gasp escaping his lips as he stared at the Slytherin Beauty. Daphne was dressed in a dress that seemed to reflect the night sky, shifting from deep purple and midnight blue as star-like sparkles shined with each step. Her blonde hair was half up in a bun, with the rest falling in water like curls, framing her face. She wore light make that complimented her pale complexion, giving her a nature glowing look.

"You...look beautiful." he breathed, taking a step forward. She offered him a smile as she hooked her arm around his elbow.

"You don't look so bad yourself Heir Potter. I love the hair." She teased softly, a smile gracing her features. She reached up to pull at his bangs, laughing at his blush.

"Miss Greengrass you can head inside with the other students. Mr. Potter if you would please line up with the rest of the champions. And where is your date for the evening? I'm sure Remus informed you; you were going to be required to dancing in the opening dance." Professor McGonagall stated, gesturing to where the other three champions were already standing in wait. Daphne frowned at the clear dismissal from the Gryffindor head of house.