Chapter 3: Godfathers

Is The Dark All Dark?

                                                                                            Chapter 3

Harry glared at Lucius for a moment, internally debating on whether he should go with the man or not. As much as he didn't trust Dumbledore any longer, he certainly didn't trust the man who had tried to kill him in his second year at Hogwarts. Izzy stood in the far corner of the room, ringing her hands together as she watched her young master and his father glare at each other. She knew Lord Malfoy wanted to have the son he thought he'd lost back home but she could see the distrust that swirled in Master Harry's green eyes. From the few minutes she'd been in the muggle home she had some understanding of just how badly he'd been treated growing up.

"Harry come on. I have a busy afternoon and I really don't have time for your childish nonsense of not wanting to come home." Lucius stated, his tone of voice causing Harry to flinch.

"Malfoy Manor not home." Izzy stated, glaring at the man with her arms crossed. When she'd delivered the letter to Lord Malfoy she'd hoped that she had been doing the right thing. However, the longer she was in the same room as the two she could see that Harry needed time away to actually process everything that had happened in the last few hours. The house elf stepped forward, carefully slipping her smaller hand into his, looking at Lord Malfoy.

"Izzy do what right for little master." She stated. Lucius had barely jerked forward in an attempt to grab his son's arm when the two popped out of the room. He gritted his teeth in frustration, knowing the elf wouldn't have taken him somewhere that could easily be tracked.

                                        :3 :3 :3 :3 Godric's Hollow Potter Cottage :3 :3 :3 :3

Izzy glanced around the living room, snapping her fingers to clear away the dust and light the lights. Harry stood in the center, glancing around in confusion as he struggled to figure out just where he was now. He slowly made his way over the fireplace, gently brushing his hand against the mantle as he looked at the pictures that were still sitting there as if waiting for the house occupants to return. The first picture to catch his attention was of the Marauders. Sirius and James were horse playing with each other, Peter standing off to the side with a shy smile and Remus standing out of the way with an amused look on his face. The next picture was of Lily and James dressed in tradition wedding attire, Sirius and another woman standing at their sides, both wearing a wide grin.

"Izzy...where are we?" he whispered, fully turning to look closer at the house. He could feel the faint remains of magic dancing across his skin, left untouched since that Halloween night. Izzy rung her hands together as he ventured closer to the stairs, watching as he slowly took them one at a time. She followed behind him to the upper landing, the teen instantly walking towards what had been his nursery.

"Izzy couldn't protect her family that night. Izzy was...left alone." She stated softly, stopping at his side in the doorway. Everything had been left just as it was that night, no one daring to venture into the house of Voldemort's last attack. Even though it was still a private property belonging to the Potter family, many saw the home as a monument, something that gave them hope during the rebuilding stages after the last war.

"Master James and Mistress Lily really loved baby Harry." She whispered, not failing to miss the unsure look in his eyes.

"But...if they hadn't taken me in than...maybe Voldemort wouldn't have came after them that night. Maybe...maybe Sirius and Remus wouldn't have lost their best friends." Harry whispered, slowly sinking to the floor with his back pressed against the wall. Tears once again blurred his vision as he thought about the list of what ifs that were running through his head.