Chapter 21: Problems At Gringotts

I've seen several other writers creating social accounts to keep more in touch with their viewers. So, I have created a Facebook account called Snowbeam that you guys are more than welcome to send me a friend request on. I will use it to easier interact with everyone, post updates about my Works in Progress and post little polls and such. Please feel free to send me a friend request on that account and I should start posting soon.

I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER CHARACTERS

Chapter 21

Problems at Gringotts

Harry was silent as he once again found himself sitting next to the pond, the golden egg resting on a patch of grass against his leg. He sighed before he leaned back, looking up at the sky. Remus had managed to figure out what the noise was that the egg had released but he hadn't been able to bring himself to open it again. He was nervous about what the hint would tell him if the judges had decided to have to hint spoken in mermish. A shadow fell over him for a moment, Hedwig's wings catching the morning sun as she glided through the air, returning from her nightly hunt.

"Good morning my beautiful girl." He whispered once she'd landed on his knee. She released a pleased hoot as he brushed his fingers along the top of her head. He couldn't help getting lost in his thoughts again as he sat in the comfortable silence with his owl. The morning sun along with the calming feeling from the magic around the pond helped ease the stress he had been feeling since the mess with the tournament had started. The crunching of leaves startled him from his thoughts, causing him to jerk up with his wand grasped tightly in his hands.

"Woah pup, it's just me." Sirius stated, holding his hands up to show he meant no harm. Harry only sighed before he put his wand back into the holster strapped to his arm.

"Sorry. I know nothing can hurt me here but I'm still on edge." He explained as he pushed himself to his feet. Hedwig released a hoot before she took flight, flying towards the house while her master stood with his godfather. Harry couldn't help smiling as he watched his faithful company fly free, glad she was able to stretch her wings whenever she felt the need instead of constantly being locked in her cage. Sirius couldn't help smiling at the relax look on his godson's face, something that he didn't get the chance to see very often. He couldn't help the feeling of guilt as he thought about the night Lily and James had died. He'd let his grief and anger get the better of him and he'd gone after Peter instead of making sure his godson was properly taken care of.

"Have you had breakfast yet? We need to leave for our meeting with the goblins soon, but you know Izzy isn't going to let you go without eating something first." Sirius commented as they walked through the gardens back towards the manor. Harry had barely opened his mouth to respond when Izzy popped into view, fixing them both with a look as she stood there with their arms crossed. Sirius couldn't help laughing, figuring that look alone answered his question.

"Come on pup. Before we make her angry." Sirius laughed, placing his hand on his godson's shoulder, steering him into the house. Harry sat in silence at the table, poking at the food on his plate with his fork as he once again got lost in thought. Sirius glanced at him occasionally as he ate his own food, not failing to notice his lack of attention.

"So what are you both making a trip to Gringotts for? Tonks questioned as she stepped into the room, combing her fingers through her hair in an attempt to tame it.

"My account manager sent me a letter that he wanted to meet with me today about a few new things they found sorting through my files." Harry explained as he glanced at her. He couldn't help laughing as how her hair managed to stick up in several different directions, uncontrollably. Izzy released a sigh before she snapped her fingers, using her own magic to help the clumsy witch.