Chapter 12: Am I Betraying Them?

Is The Dark All Dark?

Chapter 12

Harry released a deep breath when Griphook reentered the office with another wizard, biting his lip as he glanced at Sirius.

"According to the magic linked deep within the bank Mr. Potter is indeed considered an adult by wizard standards. That being said, there is several pieces of paperwork that I would like to fill out and submit to the ministry that will recognize you as such." Griphook explained, lying two thick folders on the desk in front of them. The wizard sat in the chair that had appeared beside the desk to Harry's left, continuing to sit in silence.

"You do understand that by signing this paperwork to be recognized as an adult, you will also be recognized as a Lord and a member of the Wizengamot." Griphook continued, flipping the first folder open. Sirius shifted slightly when the account manager flipped the papers around, holding out a quill for Harry to sign with.

"You also must understand that by signing all this you will have no other options to attempt to get out of the Tournament, correct?" The wizard stated, catching their attention.

"It's...not just because of the tournament. There is several things that have led us to this meeting sir." Harry explained before taking the quill from Griphook. He signed each paper where directed, feeling like there was a weight lifted off his chest, knowing that neither the Malfoys nor Dumbledore would no longer have any control over his life. Once the last paper had been signed Harry felt a rush of magic flow through him, causing him to gasp at the remarkable sensation. Sirius chuckled, remembering the same feeling when he accepted the Black Lordship.

"This next folder is a detailed list of all finances, stocks owned by the Potters, and properties. It's something I'm sure both Lord Black and Lord Malfoy could help you with." The wizard stated. He tilted his head in confusion when Harry suddenly jerked back like he had been slapped.

"What does Lucius Malfoy have to do with any of Harry's properties?" Sirius questioned, frowning at the young man.

"Lord Malfoy was in here a few weeks ago, requesting on behalf of Lord Potter, to know the current standings of the Potter accounts." The wizard explained, glancing at Griphook.

"Rest assured Lord Malfoy was not able to access anything that isn't already public record." Griphook quickly assured, giving the young male the stink eye. Harry managed to nod his head before he reached, picking up the folder. Sirius leaned over his shoulder, reading the page he'd opened to.

"Mr. Potter, this is your lord ring. Once you put it on, only you will be able to remove it. There are several charms placed on it that will protect you in your day to day activities." Griphook stated, holding out a ornated blue box that had a stag on the top. Harry couldn't help but smile, thinking about his Patronus. He reached forward, carefully opening the small ring box. Inside sat a black ring with a red stone perfectly nestled between what looked like two antlers.

"Thank you Griphook...for this and for meeting with us today." He whispered, offering the goblin a kind smile. He slipped the ring on before standing from the chair, bowing his head in respect before slipping out of the office. Padfoot walked at his side, glancing around the bank as they walked towards the entrance. Once standing outside Padfoot nosed him towards the Leaky Cauldron, figuring his godfather was trying to tell him it was time for lunch. He offered a small smile, letting himself be led towards the pub.

"Afternoon Harry. What brings you in today?" Tom questioned, smiling at the young boy.

"Just figured I'd stop in for some lunch before getting back to my lessons with Mr. Lupin." Harry lied, sitting at one of the tables.