Chapter 21*

Night was hyper-aware that Tarra was standing in front of him. His gaze shifted from her eyes to her lips, and he wondered if they were as soft as they looked. She raised a hand to his chest but hesitated before touching him. He stepped into her touch, skin tingling even through his clothing when she did.

He closed his eyes, relishing the moment.

"Night?"

"Yeah."

"I—I," she sputtered, "want you."

His eyes snapped open. "What?"

"To be with you. I want to be with you."

His brain went offline, and the raging need for her took the driver's seat. "I want you under me. Now."

She blinked, timid again before she swallowed and said, "Yes."

"Yes, what?" he grinned. "Tell me what you want."

He watched the heat rise in her and caught her scent. She wasn't lying; she wanted him. When she looked away, he caught her chin gently and turned her face up for him to see again. "No, don't turn away. Tell me what you want," he repeated, voice low and insistent.

"I know it is improper for me, your Scribe, to want this. But I do. I want you to touch me, to kiss me... to have me."

"Music to my ears, female," he murmured, leaning down and brushing his lips against hers.

When she whimpered for him, he came undone. He plunged his tongue into her waiting mouth with a moan and kissed her like a starved male, thirsty from the desert.

Her boldness grew, and she responded in kind, but he ended the contact, leaving them both aching with need.

"Not here. You deserve better than to be taken on a conference table."

She nodded and took his hand, turning for the door and leading him out. When they reached the grand staircase, he swept her in his arms and took the stairs two at a time. He shut and locked the bedroom door with his mind as he set her down slowly on the bed.

"Don't make me wait, Night. We can go slow next time," she assured him.

He growled and pushed up her robe to bury his face in her wetness. Dear Scribe Virgin, she fucking tastes good.

"Night. No. Not this. Inside, now."

He needed no more encouragement. He unzipped his fly and sprang himself free. She spread her legs, and he admired her slick folds before plunging into her with all the ferocity of their kiss.

She cried out and pushed up to meet him, wanting him, needing him, in her. "Yes, Night. Please."

He fucked her then, fast and furious, frantic to feel her tighten in waves around him. When she did, she called his name before turning her head to offer her vein. It was an offer he could not resist.

So, he didn't. He struck, relishing the sound she made when he did, then felt himself release into her with his first pull as he fed.

"Sweet Scribe Virgin, Night," she whispered.

He paused, drawing back to lick the punctures closed. "More?"

"Yes. Much, much more."

"Take what you need. Use me," he offered.

"Let me taste you, Night."

Instantly, he presented his vein and hissed when she took his invitation. He rocked her, thrusts slower but grindingly deep, making her pleasure known.

She came again, which pulled him over, filling her, and she fed until she was satiated.

He collapsed, then rolled off of her, pulling gently to bring her over. He grabbed the edge of the bedspread and threw it over them, settling her onto his chest.