Chapter 27*

Tarra closed her eyes as Night kissed her, a soft brushing of his lips against hers. She trembled as he did, and when he deepened the kiss, she yielded to him completely as naturally as breathing. A deep spice scent filled her nose, and she whimpered, feeling the moment of their bonding down to her toes.

"Night..." she whispered against his lips.

He drew back to look at her, tucking a stray braid behind her ear.

"Night, are—are you going to come back?"

He smiled and kissed her forehead. "Yes. I'm sorry that I left."

Her world went a little watery. "And you'll stay?" she whispered as a tear slipped down her cheek.

He wiped it away. "If you'll have me."

She nodded. "Yes. Stay with me. With us."

He raised her face to his and kissed her again. She pressed in, wanting more, but he resisted, keeping his touch light. "We have time, Tarra. Let me love you."

"But..."

He touched her lips with a finger to hush her. "No. I won't be rushed," he growled.

She shuddered, feeling the rumble from his chest. "Okay, but if you're going to insist on this pace, give me a bath."

The light in his eyes danced at the idea. "Done." He stood and held out a hand to her.

She took it, and he pulled her up against him, kissing her with a tenderness that made her ache.

"Come on." He tugged on her hand and led them to his suite's bath and the beautiful clawfoot tub. He turned on the water, then had her set the temperature. When she finished, he wrapped her up in his arms and held her.

She listened to his heartbeat and felt the heat from his body against hers. Her stomach fluttered as he ran his hands up her back, leaving a scorching trail across the bare skin of her lower back. He picked up a handful of her braids and admired them.

"You changed your hair. And your clothes," he murmured.

She looked away as she flushed. "I'm exploring. I hope it's okay."

He chuckled. "You don't need my permission, Tarra, or anyone else's. But, for the record, I think your new look is stunning." He tipped her chin up to him. "Of course, I'd love your look even if you were in a burlap sack."

She laughed and playfully swatted him. "I'd rather be naked!"

He tugged at the waist of her pants. "Good. I can make that happen."

He knelt and ran his hands up her skin, sliding under the crop top, pushing it up over her breasts, then off as she raised her arms to help. He couldn't resist the feel of her skin and dropped his head to trail kisses along the black lace of her bra. With practiced hands, he reached around and unclasped it so he could slide it down her arms and add it to the pile he'd started.

"Beautiful." He dipped to take one hardened nipple in his mouth as he captured her other breast with his hand, flicking his thumb over it.

Tarra gasped, the need in her blossoming as his warm tongue and rough hands touched her. By the time he sat back, she was breathing heavily.

He gestured for her to lift a foot. She got her balance using his shoulder for support, and he removed first one sandal, then the other, from her feet. He returned his lips to her breasts, sucking one nipple into his mouth as he worked on the button of her pants. Popping it open, he unzipped them, letting them fall to the floor.

"You smell so damned good, female," he said, his need making his voice gravelly.

She stepped out of her pants and kicked toward the pile. She tugged on him. "Come kiss me."