Chapter 1

RAJVEER

'And with that I assure you this partnership would not only prove to be a profitable one but would also help our organisation get free promotion in media and become a household name. Not just our stock value would spike up but our reputation in the society would also become more trustworthy. What more do we want? We may not have originated in India but Khandelwal Group of Industries would want India to be their new home!!! That's all from my side everyone!!! Thank you' saying I stopped the slideshow and the boardroom burst out with a loud applause welcoming my presentation. I was content.

No!!! Not just because the board now trusts me as their CEO but also welcomed my decision.

Six months ago when I took over Shine Productions, many thought I was foolish. I had no idea about the entertainment industry in this country. Everyone thought I was making a dumb decision but the only man who had faith in me was my mentor, my father DharamVeer Khandelwal and today I see the pride in his eyes. That smile when he sits on the chairman's seat and smiles proudly is all that I thrive for...I want nothing else.

Everyone left the board room and I started disconnecting the projector wires from my laptop when I felt a hand on my shoulder and I knew the warmth. I smiled.

'This is why I say have faith in your decisions. No one is born a businessman. We learn everything. And look you have learnt it all and how well have you done Sunny. I am so proud of you!!!' dad patted my back and I smiled saying

'If it wasn't for you, neither would they trust my decision of investing into Shine Group nor would they agree for our collaboration with the ARS Production House. It's you dad. Thank you' I said when dad held my shoulders saying

'No Sunny!!! It's you!!! When you have done something wrong accept your mistakes and when you have done something right accept that too. Learn to accept both...your faults and your achievements both!!! That'll make you a fine businessman!!! Got it?' Dad asked and I nodded.

'Hmmm by the way did you free up your schedule for tomorrow? Remember we are going to Jaipur tomorrow for Aditya's wedding rituals. Tomorrow is Mehndi and I am super excited to see an Indian wedding after so many years!!!' dad was really excited. I chuckled. When people say that parents turn into children when they grow old, they are so right. My father is all set to retire from the business in next three months and is thoroughly enjoying his notice period as the chair person.

'Dad even I am very excited that Lavanya ji and Adi are getting married. Finally Adi found the woman of his dreams but dad it's a three day wedding followed by a reception....and I don't think my right work schedule would let me-'

'Mister Rajveer Khandelwal!!! In case you forgot I am still your boss and this is an order, you are attending every ritual with me and anyways it's an Indian wedding which means lot of beautiful Indian girls which means-'

'Daddddddd!!! Not again!!!' I rolled my eyes and picked my laptop and started walking outside the meeting room.

'But Sunny!!! You agreed to meet Lavanya-'

'Dad you tricked me!!! If I knew this was your planning for a bride hunt, I would have escaped that meeting too!!!' saying I pressed the button to my private elevator waiting for it to arrive when dad continued his convincing session.

'Look Sunny!!! I understand you are a workoholic businessman and your sex life is also pretty boring but you have to understand this is all not for you...it's for me!!!' he said and I cocked an eyebrow up asking 'You??? And how so?'.