Chapter 21

KARTHIK

Her warm hands wrapped around my torso as her soft breasts pressed against my back. I closed my eyes as I gulped dry trying to control the turmoil running inside my chest. It's like a whole tsunami kept rising inside me and I knew if I didn't stop this it would surely break every damn barrier of respect and friendship between us. Her nails dug into my skin as she tightened her grip on my torso.

'Tikki....I...' she wasn't able to complete the statement as she dug her face into the back of my neck as she tip toed a little more and I felt her lips brush against the skin of my neck and I fisted my fingers.

'Shika...You need to rest!!! Please...' I whispered but before I could say another word she did the unthinkable.

A soft kiss was placed on the nape of my neck and the last thread of self control was broken and I....lost it!

In one go I turned around and pressed her limp body against the door and her tired eyes widened in shock. Pressing my body against her soft one I bridged every inch of distance between us. Pressing my nose to her tiny one I kept looking into her beautiful deer-like eyes who kept looking at me so innocently. Wonder if they were always so beautiful or something changed overnight. I kept looking at her without blinking even once.

That's when she whispers...

'Dont go Tikki!!! Please...I am scared.'

Her lips are just an inch away from mine as her hot breath fans against my lips. I don't know what happened to me that very moment. My hands helplessly cup her soft cheeks. They were burning due to the fever and I was worried.

'Temperature is rising Shika!!! I don't think we must wait. Stay here. I will call Ganni-'...' saying I tried to step away but she grabbed my hand and before I knew she placed her head against my chest

'I want to sleep Tikki...Don't go anywhere!!!'

'But Shika...'

'Please...' her pleading warmed up my heart and I slowly circled my arms around her body pulling her into a warm hug. I knew I couldn't wait any longer. Her health was important but she wasn't letting me go...I slowly took her along to the bedroom and made her lie on the bed. I wanted to step away but her grip tightened on my wrist as she said

'Stay!!! Please' and I was helpless. I slowly lied down next to her. Everything was so silent. I covered her with the blanket as she kept holding my hand and silently kept looking at me.

I caressed her head saying
'Shika please let me make a call...you haven't eaten anything, neither are you letting me call Ganni... please sweetheart!!! Let me atleast call him' I whispered and she didn't reply. All she did was keep staring at my face.

'Shika please...you are my responsibility...I can't let your health screw up. I will be back in a few minutes...you haven't eaten since afternoon. Please...' but she still kept looking at my face and I was slightly conscious.

'Shika I...' and before I could say another word she simply lifted her limp body up slightly tilting her neck slightly and before I knew she brushed her lips against mine and I froze.

Her soft lips were lightly pressed against my rough ones and I shivered at the contact of our lips. I couldn't even understand how and what happened but our lips were pressed together. My eyes refused to shut as they were still trying to absorb what just happened. I kept staring at her face...her lips that were still against my lips. Her eyes were closed as she was trying to embrace it all.

My heart shuddered as I felt a current running down my spine. I couldn't understand what happened when she slowly opened her eyes as she lay down again placing her head on the pillow. Her face was so innocent and so pure like nothing happened at this moment, while I was still trying to take in what had happened in the last few seconds.