Chapter 17

Please Note:

This story is completely fictional but the emotion involving demigods come from the culture and belief system of my region. I am from Mangalore and we believe, follow and worship these supreme powers.  These are my beliefs.

One request... Please don't comment something mocking or hurting my beliefs or sentiments. If you do I will make sure to block you as I'm very serious about this. I respect everyone's religious beliefs hope you also respect mine.

I tried my best to keep it as simple as possible as you all know how much we believe and love our traditions. If I have not lived upto your expectations I am sorry but I wanted to be very careful with this.

Praying to all our demigods and apologizing well in advance if I was not upto the mark. Forgive me I'm your child.

Love Love ❤️
Srinidhi

✨✨✨✨
VANSHIKA

My body felt a weird kind of a shiver seeing the visuals in front of me. There was a man all dressed in a traditional attire who was made to wear beautiful floral garlands. And then there were loud drums playing along with the saxophone to add onto the music to which this man who looked possessed by a superior power danced like there was no end to it.

Honestly I was never a person who would get scared for anything. Luv was the one who would always get scared of horror movies, darkness and every small thing that could scare a child but I was a fearless one. I remember Luv was scared even when she saw Pili Vesa visuals that I video recorded for her. I used to enjoy pulling her leg but today...today was my first time ever getting scared. The man dancing to the music and at times saying something in actions, smiling at people, expressing anger and love at the same time made me shiver like a leaf such that I grabbed Vani aunty's forearm and squeezed it trying to hide behind her.

She slowly whispered in my ears 'Baale...Podige Aapunda?' (Child,Are you getting scared?) and I nodded like a little girl and she smiled patting my back trying to bring me infront saying

'He is our Swami...Baale...He is here to protect us...protect you...he is like a NyaayaMurthi (Administering law)...he is here to make sure we are fine, we are ok...he treats us like his children and grandchildren. Now!!! You are also his own my dear!!! So don't worry...you are a pure soul...only people who are wrong should fear him!!! Okay???' she said and I didn't know what to say. I saw Karthik standing near him so casually like he has been doing this for ages. He stood there with folded hands and absolute confidence.

After he was offered a meal which he happily consumed, smiling and expressing various emotions I cannot even describe, we noticed families going to him asking his blessings. The first however was Karthik's uncle and grandmother. My heart started beating loudly when I saw the divine force holding Karthik's uncle's hand and smiling at him. It seemed like he was happy with him. But his expressions changed as he saw Karthik's grandmother. He warned Karthik's grandmother of something and the old lady broke down into tears looking at Karthik. Looks like it was something to do with Karthik who stood there without any emotions. I couldn't understand much but the changing expressions on his face and then his mesmerizing smile brought fear and happiness at the same time within me.

Families kept taking blessings from the divine power. I noticed Karthik's aunt Shashikala Maami with her grandchild and daughter standing to take blessings from the lord and the way he held the little baby in his hand and cooed it somehow reduced my fear. He was so gentle with the child. He was smiling and happy. But I also noticed how he reprimanded Shashikala Maami for her fierce tongue and warned her to use it carefully. She nodded in fear and stepped away and that's when Vani aunty held my hand and made me stand next to Karthik and exactly infront of the the divine power.