Chapter 28

VANSHIKA

The problem with teenagers is they want to experience everything too fast. Even if someone tells you that a cigarette or alcohol isn't healthy, you still want to experience it. Even if it has the potential to destroy you, you still want to give it a try. Toxic relationships aren't something you need to experience personally. You can learn it from others mistakes. I had seen and heard so many stories of such relationships amongst my family and friends and had vowed to stay away from such men but I guess it's age and hormones.

And you know the worst part about a human brain? It's like a horror movie heroine. No matter how much you convince her not to go behind the sound of the anklets, she'll still go behind it.

I was no less. I knew he wasn't good for me. He started keeping a distance from me. It had been three weeks of him avoiding me completely and I was getting affected. I wanted to confront him. Talk to him when all he did was runaway from me until one day when our fate brought us together in the form of a college fest.

Our college held an annual fest which consisted of various events encouraging students to showcase their knowledge and talent. I participated it in my eleventh standard and won various prizes and this year I was a part of the organizing committee as I was in my senior year. But what I didn't expect was him being a part of the team I was managing.

My lips parted seeing him standing infront of me in a black suit. We were all dressed in business formals but his good looks made him stand out. It's not like he didn't look good the other days. No wonder every female in the college would drool over his good looks. Although I wasn't a huge fan of his tattoos or the cycle chain like accessories he wore, off late I started finding him attractive even with his eyebrow piercings or those dangling earings which I absolutely loathed initially. His multicolored messy hair which I thought was sheer cringe once upon a time was suddenly too attractive to my eyes.

But today he had tied his messy hair into a tiny little pony, neatly combed. The dangling earrings were replaced by diamond studs. His colorful tattoos were hidden behind the expensive Armani suit that he wore and for accessories, today all he wore was a diamond studded chronograph watch. He looked hot as hell, so much so that every other girl in the college was eyeing him today.

My thoughts were disturbed when Acharya Sir said 'Vanshika...Veer will be a part of your team today. I know... Infact entire college knows you both don't get along well but Veer has to participate in one of the cultural events to compensate for his internal marks as he can earn some extra brownie points. And knowing how horrible he did in his exams, I can't put him in a science club and knowing his reputation with girls I don't trust him with the managing committee. So I thought he fits best in your team.' and I noticed the way he looked angry and uncomfortable.

He was already not talking to me after the suspension incident and I didn't want things to worsen between us. So I spoke up 'But Sir my team is fully organised. People who are performing tonight are all finalized and we don't have time to make up for an additional performance!!!' I said when Acharya Sir said 'Then add him into the team of background workers. Let him help in setting up the stage. Oh come on Vanshika, You aren't doing this for the first time. You'll manage this!!!' saying Sir left from there.

I gulped looking at Veer who looked like wanted to run away from there. Just when he was about to do the same I spilled 'Ummm...Veer...You can help in setting up the props!!!' when he spoke without even turning around 'I would rather let go the brownie points!!!' and he started leaving from there when I blocked his way and spoke up

'Veer please!!! Don't screw this up in your anger. You can earn extra 5 marks and make up for your-'

'I don't want to make up anything where you exist!!! I better stay away from you!!!' saying his eyes met mine after a long time. There was something swirling in those eyes and although I didn't know what it was, I couldn't take my eyes off him. I gulped and confessed