Chapter 2

RAJVEER

'Rajveer...dude!!! Have some Jodhpuri Mirchi Vada...Dadasa has specially organized this one for the evening!!!' Aditya kept convincing me but what I had seen a few minutes ago was still fresh in front of my eyes.

Was it really her? After so many years...I meet her here? At my friend's wedding? And Lavanya Ji sounded very comfortable with her. But am I really sure that it was her?

I mean what happened to that shoulder length golden pink streaks hairstyle of hers??? And saree??? I still can't forget the way she fell in the college ground wearing that peach colored saree and being a laughing stock in front of the entire college during the college fest. Such a disaster that was...I can't believe it's her. What if I misunderstood someone else to be her? Damn it!!! How I wish I could get to see her for a few minutes. But the way her eyes widened. It cannot be someone else. It is her!!!  No wonder I never saw her post that.

'Rajveeeeer!!!' Aditya kept a hand on my shoulder and I snapped out of my thoughts. I was at the men's gathering as Aditya couldn't attend his wife's Mehndi and so there was a separate party in Aditya's honour. The party had most businessmen, celebrities in and around. I really didn't want to leave the Mehndi ceremony. I could have gotten a chance to see her again but Aditya kept on calling me and eventually I had to leave and now here I am churning my brains, still trying to analyse if it was her.

'Dude you are not eating anything!!! Come on!!!' he forcefully fed me a Samosa and I couldn't deny it.

'Puttarji...now your bestie is also getting married...when are you planning to take the wedding vows!!!' Dev Daadu suggested and I smiled hesitantly when Dad took it as his golden chance and jumped the bandwagon.

'Ohhhh Dev!!! You have no idea!!! This man doesn't understand I'm getting old. A year more for me to hit my 70!!! If not for me to threaten the stupid board of directors that I'll drag them to court for making a poor old man work even after his legal age of retirement!!! That's a crime!!! Huhhh!!!' Dad said melodramatically and I squint my eyes and said

'Oh Wow!!! How poor...It's just that he is the founder of that organisation and owns a few hundred million dollar worth shares in there and was the one who himself wanted to work until he was 69 years old which was hardly a few months ago!!! Dad you're such a drama king!!!' I said making everyone laugh and dad pout.

'Well!!! I'm getting married so I have switched teams Rajveer!!! I would also support uncle to make sure you take the vows too...imagine we can have so much fun double dating!!!' he said and I rolled my eyes saying

'No ways!!! I'm never falling into the trap!!! There is no girl who can make me fall in that tra-' and my voice died as my eyes fell outside the glass windows in the opposite direction directly onto the other side of the palace, on the terrace and again I see her.

This time in full moonlight. She was on a phone call and she was looking tensed. But my eyes just couldn't, simply couldn't look elsewhere.

It was her. Yes it was her. And she had grown into a beautiful woman. I couldn't see her very clearly as she was at a distance but it was enough for me to know it was her.

'Ahhhhhhhemmmm!!!' Aditya's voice broke my reverie of thoughts as he whispered in my ears

'Looks like someone's smitten looking at someone under the moonlight!!!' he teased and my jaw hung open. I looked elsewhere saying 'What rubbish!!!' and Aditya chuckled saying 'Rubbish??? I hope you are aware that I'm going to be the crowned king in next 56 hours of this city Mister Khandelwal!!! How dare you be disrespectful of your king!!!' he said and I circled my arm around his neck saying 'This is how I dare to!!!' and I tightened my hold around his neck when he pretended getting choked and said