Chapter 45

VANSHIKA

I saw him.
I finally saw him after so many days.

Although I was extremely hurt and upset with whatever he did to me, the moment my eyes fell on him, I wanted to run to him and pull him in my embrace. I wanted to hug him tightly and cry in his arms. I had so many complaints. I wanted to pull his hair, yell at him, use all the dirty Tulu slangs that he taught me over the years and reward him with a couple of slaps and a kick on his shin but I couldn't. I just couldn't.

All I did was silently shed tears hiding in the attic of Mukta Di's home which had been my shelter since Nayaks offered me a job in their new institution that they had set up in Mukta Di's village.

Initially I was skeptical about taking up the offer because I did not even know if this place existed in the map and again the only place I had been to in Maharashtra was Mumbai. I had no idea about Phulvaspura. Above all I didn't know what made Omkar Sir offer me this job. Ideally he must have just let me go because I was the one who denied his brother's proposal and then I went onto resign from his college without much serving a notice period. I was even ready to pay an amount for not serving my notice period. I was even ok when the principal threatened that the management would hold off my experience certificate. However Omkar Sir didn't let any of that happen and I was let go immediately.

However later that evening I got a call from his wife Mukta Di and she said she offered me this job. I was in no mood to take up everything but I thought this was a great cause and even greater distraction for me, especially because I was looking to stay away from Bangalore and Mangalore. I was neither interested in spending time with my toxic grandfather nor did I want to see my cowardly husband...well I don't even know if I can call him that now...

Anyways!!! I still took up the offer.

I liked this place when I came here. Mukta Di and Omkar Sir are doing a great job by giving the children an opportunity for education. They also have a night college here for the teen and the elderly who wish to gain knowledge no age bar. Education is really important for a village like Phulvaspura where people still believe in a lot of superstitions.

It still shocks me to know there are only a handful of youngsters like Mukta Di and her friends who managed to step out of this village and gain higher education. However Mukta Di and her friend Farenne are amongst those very few who came back and gave it back to the village from where they began and their husbands have been equally supportive in their mission. My both bosses Omkar Sir who is a frequent visitor to this village as he loves spending time amongst nature and Mukta Di loves visiting her Ayurvedic products factory which has created a lot of new opportunities for the younger generation here are an inspiration to everyone where as my other boss whom I have not seen till date Mr Alexander Dcruz who is said to be the man protecting this village as he seems to be slightly twisted yet a good man as per Omkar Sir and his wife Farenne Di whom I have met on a video call is the lawyer seems to be an extremely sweet lady.

Lucky are those who find such wonderful life partners who stand by their side and always trust in their women. Unlike mine who left me to be someone else's bride and ran away. The idiot didn't even have so much in him to even confront me before shoving his decision down my throat and now... he's here!!!

He says he's guilty and wants me back!!!
What am I? Some piece of chocolate whom he ate a little, didn't like it much so offered it to his friend but later realised that he kinda enjoyed the taste of it, so came back asking for it?

Jerk!!! I'm never gonna meet him.
He and his stupid apology can go and take a dip in the Phulvaspura lake!!! Huhhh!!!

Just when I was cursing him with all my might is when he suddenly looked up and I quickly hid myself behind the curtains. Shit!!! How did he know!!!