Chapter 19

KARTHIK

Few hours ago...

'Ninna Karmada Phaladinda Haagu Ninna  Hanebarahadinda Ninu Yellu Odalare!!!

(You can never run away from your doings and your fate...may you try to go anywhere)

Kelavu sala idu Naanu Madidu...Idu Naanu Bayasiddu...Naanu Teermansidu yennuva ahankaaravanna Manushyanu Tyajisabeku Kanda...

(Sometimes you may think...you did this...you wanted this...you decided this...this arrogance is what a human should let go)

Yekendare yellavu Ninna kai yalli illa!!!
Karma Maduvudu Maatra Ninna Kai yalli iruttade...Adara PhalaPrasada Ninna Kaiyyallilla!!!

(That's because everything isn't in your hands...only doing the task is in your hands...deciding if the task deserves a reward isn't in your hands)'

Saying he smiled as he kept moving to and fro and the human body which now had the supreme lord descended upon kept shivering at his statement. My heart kept beating loudly as I tried to understand his words. What was he trying to point out? I was here only to apologise to him.

'Aa kaiyinda yenannu nirvahisidiya nodu adanna purtigolisu...Ninna kaiyinda kattida gantannu bidisalu ninninda sadhyavilla Maga!!! Adannu bicchallu naanu biduvudu illa yaakendare illi yenagali...hege aagali...yake aagabekennuva nirdhara ninnadalla
..ninnadendigu alla!!!

(Whatever you had begun with those hands... fulfill it. You wouldn't be able to untie the knot which you tied using your own hands dear son. I won't let you untie that either because you should know whatever might happen here... however may it happen...why should it happen... that decision... Isn't yours!!!)

Aa Dharmanirdhara yendendigu Nannade!

(I am the decision maker here...will always be!!!)

Ninu ninagagi bayasuvudakkinta naanu ninagagi nirdharisuvudanna sweekarisu!!! Yekendare ninage ninnadenendu ninage innu saha gottilla...

(Instead of what you want for yourself...learnt to accept what I have decided for you!!! Because you still don't know what is meant for yourself)

Aa gyaana ninnalli udayavadaga kattaleyallu ninage belaku kaanuttade...
Kattida gantannu neene dradhapadisalu bayasuttiya...Oppada Manadinda kattikondanna neene sweekarisalu opputtiya..

(When that enlightenment will strike you..you would see bright light even in darkness...you...yourself would tighten the knot you once tied...you would wholeheartedly accept those decisions which you once took in uncertainty)'

Saying he smiled as he looked into my eyes and I gulped. My mind was going places trying to understand what he kept pointing to...But I was here only to apologise so I bent my head and folded my hands apologising to him whole heartedly

'Swami...Naanu haage aagabekendu yendu prayatna madirlilla...Sullu helabaaradittu...kshame koruttidene...

(Lord...I had never tried to do anything purposely...I shouldn't have lied...Kindly forgive me...)'