Chapter 1 - Welcome back to Hogwarts

Summer was perfect, after defeating Ranrok I treated myself to some solo travels around Europe for some well deserved R+R. Me, Sebastian and Ominis wrote to each other quite a lot too, the best thing I ever did was convince him to forgive Sebastian for using the killing curse on his uncle last year, because our little trio is now stronger than ever.

Although it hit Sebastian pretty hard, he's been doing a lot better and Ominis spent most of the summer with him in Feldcroft anyway, which helped me rest that little bit more. I changed a lot over the holidays, my hair was now longer and darker, almost black. A small scar in my eyebrow from a spider attack meant that the hair never grew back, so I decided to make it more of an intentional split, my body was stronger , slimmer and curved in all the right places. I felt like a women for the first time. 

I didn't bring much back with me from Hogwarts, so there wasn't anything to pack. I got myself dressed into my grey checkered trousers, a tight white blouse with the most of the top buttons undone, flung my Slytherin tie loosely around my neck and threw on my robe before strapping my wand to my hip. Instead of getting the train I used some floo powder and arrived at the viaduct entrance. I stood there for a moment, taking it all in, I was finally back at the place I belonged and I couldn't wait to see my friends. 

***

The common room is buzzing with returning students who are catching up and unpacking before the sorting ceremony for the first years, I scan the room looking for the boys but they are no where to be seen. I catch a few classmates looking at me and exchanging whispers which makes me a bit uneasy, so I head to my usual spot in front of the window overlooking the black lake, I lean against a nearby wall with my arms crossed and look out at the peaceful waters. 

"There you are!" A familiar voice shouts at me. I turn around, my other shoulder now leaning on the same wall, my arms still crossed, Sebastian and Ominis stand in front of me, and my goodness what a sight it was...

Sebastian now much taller, hair even more tousled than before. His muscles grown significantly, his smile cheekier than ever and his freckles more prominent on his face. He wore his classic grey checkered suit but with no robes. 

Ominis had also grown, his facial structure more chiseled and defined, both of the boys look like they've been working out all summer, I found myself fixated on them. 

"There you are" I smirk, mimicking Sebastian for using the same phrase on me last year. We quickly gather in for a group hug, the familiar smell of amber and sandalwood from Seb caressed my nose as I savour this long awaited moment of seeing my friends again. 

As we pull away from each other, I notice Sebastian looking me up and down before his mouth parts to say something to me "well aren't you a sight for sore eyes, you look incredible Archer" he says as he stands there crossing his arms, eyes still glued to me. I blush instantly, that boy never fails to catch me off guard with his rare compliments. 

"Thanks Sallow, could say the same for you both, spent the holidays working out did we?" I chuckle as I point at them both waving my finger up and down in front of them.

"There was nothing else to bloody do, Feldcroft isn't that fun" Ominis finally chimes in. "You loved it really" Sebastian responds nudging him in the arm. Ominis just shakes his head and rolls his eyes, they were right there wasn't much to get up to in the holidays. 

"I'm not surprised, I think 6 weeks with Sallow would be the death of me" I joke, Sebastian shoots a disapproving look at me. "Hey, you'd be lucky to spend that much time with me Archer" he responds flashing his teeth at me. I'm not sure when it happened, but throughout the year me and Seb started calling each other by our last names, I hated it at first but now it seems unnatural to hear my first name come out of his mouth. 

"Enough flirting you two, I'm not having another year stuck between whatever this is, we best head to the great hall" Ominis sighs. "We're just friends Ominis, don't get jealous" Sebastian says as he looks over and winks at me, I just scoff with a smile as we head to the sorting ceremony together. 

***

"Well well well, the rumours are true!" Gareth expresses grabbing all three of our attentions as we enter through the doors of the great hall. 

"Huh? What rumours?" I ask, now starting to get anxious. "You're the talk of the school Y/N, seems like the break treated you wonderfully" Gareth responds with a smile, referring to my looks.

"Oh.. Explains why people were whispering about me in the common room I guess, erm, thanks Gareth" I say, embarrassed as I tuck a strand of hair behind my head and look down. Sebastian and Ominis look at each other and laugh. 

"What's so funny?" I ask, now starting to get annoyed at the childish giggles leaving their mouth's. 

"Told you! Looks like we're going to have to be extra protective over you now" Sebastian responds, still laughing to himself. 

"Oh shut it you pair, I can handle myself" I cross my arms and roll my eyes "anyway nice to see you Gareth, I'll catch you in potions in the morning, I can't wait to see what concoctions you've got planned for this year" I continue. 

"Oh there's plenty in store Y/N, see you tomorrow"! Gareth waves as I drag the boys over to the Slytherin table. We sit down and instantly my head goes into my hands as I let out a small sigh. 

"Cheer up Y/N, there's worse things to be gossiped about than your new looks" Ominis says in a caring tone as he places his hand in front of me looking for mine. 

"Thanks Ominis" I simply respond. 

We spent the rest of the evening watching the new first years get sorted into their houses, making an extra effort to tease the poor students who were put into Slytherin and didn't want to be there. After some food and catching up with our classmates, we headed back to our dormitories for the early start ahead of us tomorrow. 

As we enter the common room a figure stops us in our path. "If it isn't little miss popular and her lackies" Imelda Reyes stands before me with her entourage of sixth year girls, who unfortunately all share a sleeping quarters with me. 

"What do you want Imelda?" Ominis asks. 

"Oh nothing, just here to remind you that you might be the popular kids in school now, but you better watch your back at flying practice" she responds. 

"Didn't I beat all of your records last year?" I add to the conversation, getting underneath Imelda's skin. 

"For now yes, but I'll be setting new records this year. Watch yourself Y/N, you can't hide behind your bodyguards forever" she laughs as she barges past me with her group. 

"Lackies? It's more like you tagging along with us!" Sebastian turns to me, shooting me that cheeky look he has. 

"If I remember rightly Sallow, it was you sending me continuous owls last year" I respond letting out a little laugh. I can see his face drop a little at the realisation that he was the reason we hung out so much, not me. 

"On that note, goodnight Y/N we'll see you tomorrow!" Ominis says breaking the short silence between us, we exchange hugs and call it a night, I watch them as they walk away chatting between them, before I decide to leave Sebastian turns around and mouths watch your back at me, mimicking Imelda, I roll my eyes and head to bed.