Chapter 17 - Letting Loose

Theo POV

Me and Ominis arrived at the party relatively early, but we decided to make our way down to the common room nonetheless. The room was already buzzing with activity as people filled the space. We found a seat on the sofas next to Gareth and a girl named Imelda Reyes, whom I didn't know well, but I recognised her from some of my classes.

"Ah, Theo, Ominis, nice to see you," Gareth greeted us warmly, pouring drinks for both of us.

"Hello, Weasley," I replied curtly, accepting the glass of whiskey he handed me.

"Hi, I'm Imelda. I don't think we've met," Imelda enthusiastically introduced herself, extending her hand for me to shake. I smiled politely and shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Theo," I replied, keeping my voice low. My gaze wandered around the room, searching for any sign of y/n, but she was nowhere to be found.

"So, Theo, are you seeing anyone?" Imelda asked, startling me with her directness. I choked on my drink, caught off guard by her question.

"Um, no, I'm not," I responded nervously, feeling a bit uncomfortable under the sudden scrutiny.

"Imelda, give it a rest. He's only just got here," Ominis interjected, rolling his eyes at her forwardness. Imelda shot him a childish look before reclining in her seat, crossing one leg over the other.

"I'm just having fun, Ominis, calm down," Imelda scoffed. "So, Theo, tell me about yourself." I looked at her, feeling somewhat perplexed. My mind wasn't fully focused on the conversation, but I didn't want to come across as rude by not engaging.

"Well, uh, what would you like to know?" I asked anxiously, struggling to think of anything interesting to say. Before she could respond, Sebastian abruptly barged past her and wedged himself between me and Ominis. He grabbed an empty glass from the table and filled it to the brim with alcohol, downing it in one go.

"Rough time in the library?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow at him.

"You could say that. Y/n and I got into another argument. I'm telling you, she doesn't want to help me," he scoffed, slamming the empty glass back on the table, ready to pour himself another drink.

"Oh, Sebastian, you can do so much better," Imelda chimed in playfully, placing her hand on Sebastian's thigh. In that instant, both Ominis and I directed our attention toward her, giving her a warning glare.

"Don't you dare," we both said simultaneously. Imelda quickly backed off and stood up, storming off in a huff.

"Merlin, I'll never comprehend why the two of you protect y/n with such unwavering devotion. Imelda was simply being... Imelda," Sebastian sighed, his head shaking as he took a deep gulp from his second drink. A hushed murmur rippled through the room, capturing my attention. I turned to witness y/n and Samantha descending the staircase.

My gaze became transfixed on y/n as she gracefully entered the room. Her perfectly curled hair and exquisite attire left me breathless. The dress she wore embraced her figure in all the right places, radiating an aura of elegance and allure. It struck the perfect balance, captivating attention without veering into immodesty. I found myself captivated as she approached, sharing laughter with Samantha.

Glancing at Sebastian, who appeared visibly upset with her, I couldn't help but notice his lingering gaze as well. "You're a lucky man, Sallow," I teased, a smirk forming on my lips as my focus redirected back to the captivating duo.

"Hello, boys. Sorry we're late," y/n cheerfully announced, her presence now before us. Despite my efforts, I couldn't divert my gaze from her, finding it difficult to even utter a simple greeting.