Chapter 12 - It was only a matter of time

Theo POV

After parting ways with Y/N in the astronomy tower, I made my way back to the dormitory, desperately needing a few moments alone to compose myself after our intense encounter. There is just something about her that ignites this fire in me, every time I see her I want to fuck her, claim her for my own. 

 As I entered the room, my emotions still running high, I collapsed onto the bed, hastily loosening my tie. Just as I began to calm down, my owl swooped in and dropped a letter in front of me. Dread gripped my heart, for I knew there was only one person who would reach out to me, and it certainly wasn't my parents. With trembling hands, I gingerly opened the letter, trying to steady my shaky breath. The words before me sent a chill down my spine...

Meet me at my hideout. 

You have one hour before I send someone to you. 

H

With a sense of urgency, I realised that I couldn't ignore Harlow's summons any longer. It had been weeks since I last updated him on my assignment, and the consequences of my silence now loomed over not just me, but others as well. Reluctantly, I made up my mind and decided to face him.

Time was of the essence, so I swiftly changed into an oversized sweatshirt and baggy trousers, to not draw suspicion of a wondering student. Securing my wand to my hip, I made my way out of Hogwarts, determined to fulfil my obligations.

Once beyond the protective boundaries of the school grounds, I took a deep breath, focusing on my destination. With a practiced motion, I apparated to the desolate south coast, a secluded location that Harlow favoured. As I materialised, I couldn't help but feel a chill in the air, both from the biting wind and the impending confrontation awaiting me.

I steeled my nerves, ready to face whatever awaited me at Harlow's hideout. There was no turning back now...

***

I walked down the cold, foreboding corridors of Harlow's hideout, the air thick with tension. Each step echoed through the dimly lit space, amplifying the weight of the impending encounter. Turning a corner, I found myself in a spacious room, its only feature a long table occupying its centre. Seated around the table were loyal followers and menacing ashwinders, their presence accentuating the gravity of the situation. At the head of the table sat Harlow himself, a wicked smirk playing upon his lips.

"Ah, the boy does listen," Harlow sneered, his laughter echoing throughout the room as the others joined in. Jaw clenched, fists tightly balled, I stood motionless, taking in the scene. Harlow rose from his seat, gesturing for me to take a chair among his cohorts. Reluctantly, I complied, settling into the seat while maintaining an unwavering gaze fixed upon him.

"You're taking longer than I expected," Harlow growled, irritation seeping into his voice.

"I apologise," I lied, the words leaving my lips with practiced ease. "Gaining her trust, along with the trust of her friends, has proven to be more challenging than anticipated."

Harlow's eyes narrowed, his scrutiny piercing through me. I knew he was adept at detecting deception, and any slip-up could lead to dire consequences. I braced myself, determined to maintain my facade, even as anxiety gnawed at my insides.

"Don't tell me you've fallen in love with the girl?" Harlow's piercing gaze bore into me as he questioned my motives, crossing his arms with his wand tightly clenched. The intensity of the situation made it imperative for me to choose my words carefully.

"No, sir," I replied bluntly, my voice resolute.

"Good, but just incase you are lying, let me give you a little bit of motivation" Harlow responds, brandishing his wand, he summoned a pensive into the centre of the room, a device capable of reliving memories.