Chapter 18 - I have to do this

Theo POV

The next morning, I woke up with a pounding headache. Y/n could really handle her alcohol, and though I didn't want to admit it, I was struggling to shake off the grogginess. I felt guilty for not following her after her argument with Sebastian, but Ominis made it clear that she needed some time alone. When she left, we made the decision to put Sebastian to bed when he started crying over his own actions. If only that boy would think before he acted on anything. It took every ounce of self-control to resist the urge to punch him in the face.

To try and feel more alive, I took a shower. Afterward, the top priority on my list was to swing by y/n's dormitory. Ominis, Samantha, and I had planned to go to Hogsmeade for the day, exploring the shops and grabbing lunch. I wanted to extend the invitation to y/n, hoping that she would join us.

I gave a heavy knock on her door, but to my surprise, Imelda answered, clearly suffering from a hangover. "Ugh, you're not here to nag me about y/n again, are you?" she groaned, rolling her eyes.

"Is she here?" I asked, ignoring her complaint entirely.

"No, she never came back," she replied bluntly. As she began to shut the door, I swiftly wedged my hand between the frame.

"What do you mean she never came back?" I demanded, my annoyance growing.

"I mean, I came back here, and she wasn't in bed. I woke up, and she's still not here," Imelda responded sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at her and hurriedly walked away. Now, I was genuinely concerned that y/n hadn't returned to her dorm. I rushed to the astronomy tower, hoping to find her there, but she was nowhere to be seen. Where could she have gone?

I decided to check Sebastian and Ominis' room, hoping that perhaps they had made amends and she had spent the night there. However, when they opened the door, they seemed just as confused as I was.

"What do you mean she never made it to her dorm?" Sebastian questioned.

"What do you think I mean, you idiot?" I snapped, panic and frustration taking hold. "I can't find her anywhere," I continued, my worry intensifying.

"Alright, calm down... Maybe Imelda just missed her? She was very drunk last night," Ominis said calmly, trying to offer a reasonable explanation.

"Or she might be with Poppy or Natty?" Samantha chimed in, still wrapped up in Ominis' bed, attempting to provide some reassurance.

"Right, yeah, maybe..." I said, scratching my head nervously, desperately hoping that they were right.

"I was going to head to the library and the undercroft today, so I'll check there. I need to speak to her and apologize anyway," Sebastian said, worry now consuming him too.

"I think you've said enough," I seethed through my teeth, my anger directed at Sebastian. He gave me an angry look before retreating to the bathroom, finally realising that he may be the reason she is missing. 

I decided to skip the trip to Hogsmeade and spend the day looking for y/n. It wasn't like her to be missing, as she was usually surrounded by people. Something didn't sit right with me, and I felt a growing sense of concern. I decided to go in search of Natty and Poppy, hoping they might have some information.

Hours had passed, and there was still no sign of y/n. Panic was creeping in, and I headed to the Great Hall for dinner when, thankfully, I spotted the two girls sitting together. I quickly made my way over to them.

"Theo!" Poppy called out, beckoning me to join them.

"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost," Natty chuckled, a hint of concern in her voice.