Chapter 22 - Christmas Break

Ominis POV

We ventured into Hogsmeade, opting to spend our Christmas break at Hogwarts. With the intention of exchanging gifts and celebrating together, we decided to explore the village. The morning greeted us with a picturesque sight of snow-covered streets and buildings, accompanied by a biting chill in the air.

Our group split briefly as Samantha and I entered Honeydukes to find something for y/n and Theo. The store overwhelmed us with its wide array of delectable treats, captivating us from top to bottom, the place was heaving with families and students who were also doing their Christmas shopping. 

Samantha, holding up a box of sweets, asked, "How about these?" I raised an eyebrow, unable to see what she was referring to, and reminded her, "Sorry, love, I can't see. What are they?"

With a tinge of embarrassment, she explained, "They're Berties Potts Every Flavour Beans!" I laughed, empathising with her lapse in memory. Being blind since birth, I have honed various skills to navigate daily life, but I still manage to surprise Samantha with my abilities every now and then. 

Chuckling, I replied, "I'm not sure about those. Some of the flavors are quite repulsive."

"But that's part of the fun," she insisted, convinced that they were the perfect choice.

"I trust your judgment," I simply responded. We gathered a few other presents for Samantha's family and proceeded to the cashier, who kindly offered to gift-wrap them, saving us the trouble later on.

"Are you both ready for the next shop?" y/n asked, joining us by the entrance, Theo's hands already filled with bags. 

"Can Theo handle any more bags?" Samantha chuckled, observing the poor boy struggling with the load from just one shop. It came as no surprise though. During all our adventures last year, y/n would constantly pause to open random chests, often discovering galleons and peculiar clothing items from who knows where that she would later sell to shop owners in nearby hamlets.

"He's alright, Samantha. Shall we go and find something for the boys?" she asked, brimming with excitement. Samantha agreed, and with a kiss goodbye, they happily skipped off to explore the numerous shops they were bound to visit.

"I suppose we should also get something for them," I suggested. We were both hesitant to continue, but we knew it was necessary to get them presents. Otherwise, they would unleash their fury upon us later, and honestly, it wasn't worth the argument.

We strolled along the cobblestone streets, searching for a shop to enter. "Do you have any idea what you're getting, Samantha?" Theo sighed, his eyes scanning the shop windows.

"I'm thinking of getting jewelry. Something nice and sentimental never goes wrong," I chuckled. "What about you?" I inquired, returning the question.

"To be honest, I have no idea. I've only known her for a few months, but I can't imagine she's an easy person to buy for," Theo replied, shaking his head. We continued walking until we stumbled upon a jewelry shop. Upon entering, the lady behind the counter greeted us warmly and offered her assistance, which we gladly accepted.

"How about this?" the lady presented a silver necklace, featuring a small oval pendant with a beautiful deep blue stone. I took it from her and delicately ran my fingers over it, attempting to get a sense of its appearance.

"It's perfect, mate," Theo chimed in, doing his best to describe it to me. He explained to the lady behind the counter that I couldn't see, prompting her immediate apology as she proceeded to explain the properties of the stone.

"This Lapis Lazuli helps foster strong relationships and instills confidence," she explained. "I'll take it," I replied, a smile gracing my face. The cashier wrapped up my gift and handed it to me in a small yet exquisite bag.